Say hello to the newcomer!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

SlowCoder
Coder

Say hello to the newcomer!

Post by SlowCoder »

Hey, all!

I've already posted some technical questions to your board, and am relatively happy with the results. I think it's time to introduce myself.

I live in south-USA, and have been a programmer since the mid-80's when the Colecovision ADAM was brought into the house. I learned to program on the ADAM, and eventually moved to an IBM XT clone machine in the mid-late 80's, which I learned BASIC/BASICA on.

It was in high school (1990) that I was introduced to QuickBasic, which obviously was simply an extension to my already existing knowledge of BASIC. I wrote a number of programs in BASICA/QBASIC that got me A's and awards at the local computer fair.

In the mid-90's I moved on to VisualBasic, and the rest is basically history.

Just in the last few months have I begun to feel nostalgic, and decided to reopen my QBasic stuff. I've been goofing with a couple of projects that I am hoping will assist a group of folks who may still be in possession of some old equipment that only runs DOS, and hence, be a good platform for my QBasic software.

Just to spice things up, I had quite a scare. I've kept archives of my software pretty much since the beginning. While going through the archive I found out I only had copies of the compiled versions of some of my software. What the freak!?! For a few days I was actually feeling a bit in the dumps for this. Last night I found some more archives, an old ZIP disk. Unfortunately I don't have a ZIP drive. I brought my disk to work today, and to my delight, the disk actually had all of my QBasic source! Whew!!! I'll be burning it all to CD very soon!

Anyway, along with becoming a member of your board, I would also like to contribute some of my source to you. Cool? Just need to know where to post. Also, some of the code might be quite long.

I also happen to have a bunch of code I copied from some old (I think) Compute! magazines. Want that too?
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

you can post QB code in the qbasic part of the forum and the FB code in the freebasic part of the forum.

if you actually release a game/util sometimes people post that to the announcment part of the forum.

make sure to burn some paper copies of your code too incase something should happen to the CD's.
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Hello