Hello from China

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Hello from China

Post by Pete »

Hey everyone! I'm currently Chengdu, China in the Sichuan province (home of misty bamboo forests and the panda bear), in the third month of my 6 - 12 month trip around the world.

So far, I've traveled through mainland Japan, spent a week island-hopping in Okinawa, drove a moped up the Taiwanese coast, explored Hong Kong, had a blast at the Olympics in Beijing, hiked the Great Wall, backpacked around China, and will soon be departing for Tibet and Nepal.

It's been a really amazing trip, one of the best times in my life...even if my websites have really taken a back burner. Sorry you haven't heard from me lately! (I actually went almost two months without even visiting this site...)

Good News: QB Express is on the way! I haven't forgotten about you... I have downloaded all the files I need to assemble the issue, and I plant to do it next week when I will have a 45-hour train ride to Tibet. It will be the first downtime I've had in quite a while, so what better to do with it than get an issue (finally) released?
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Not sure how much my Mini Game of the Month article will make sense now. Oh, well.

I'll wait and see when you get back home where QB Express will truly stand.
Honestly, got tired of pushing it forward (not saying I'm alone in this as a contributor, mind you). I think other editors really dropped the ball here.

BTW, I hope this is not too personal, but how are you financing this trip around the world, and isn't your absence hurting your career in US on some way?
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

I'm happy to hear that you are having such a nice time Pete :). You know that I'm helluva jealous.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Yeah, I'm really sorry about the delays. I do what I can to keep QB Express alive, but I wish I had more time!

Lachie, to answer your question, I'm traveling as cheaply as possible with my savings from working in TV for a year and credit cards. Most days, I live on 10 to 20 US dollars a day including all food and accomodation.

And I've put my career on hold to travel and explore the world! I have the rest of my life to work, and there is no better time to travel than when you're young. I guess I consider life experiences like this much more important than money or career... Besides, most of the stuff I do isn't for money...like this website for instance!
w1nt0p
Coder

Post by w1nt0p »

:shock:

Wow! I'm so jealous!
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

thats cool...back in 1998 in visited hong kong and korea
very interesting...must be nice to take a 6-12 month
vacation!!!! :shock: