hi dudes! takin a look at quickbasic..

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

wegister

hi dudes! takin a look at quickbasic..

Post by wegister »

well actually, qbasic is not much of a useful language without dosbox.

I really don't know why you guys like to still use the old quickbasic.. it's just a slow programming language to get anywhere.

when I ran into freebasic, I figure it has a descently fast but not as fast as c++.

there was also another thread somewhere about quickerbasic a programming language like qb which is backed by gcc. I dunno what happened to it. guess it was vaporware too.

next thing I want to say, I might get called a spammer but there is a non "basic" like website I wanted to show you, called profilactic. which is about keeping in touch with other peeps just incase if they quit the community or something like that.

so anyways, my main question is, how is the world of qb is doing and will it finally get replaced by something else besides freebasic? like quickerbasic?

a real true fact, I used qbasic over c++ back in the old days because it was a freak of a lot easier to learn and at the same time it was an unfortunate of a slow pole of a language as well. well since freebasic exists, thought it could replaces the QB becuase of speed period however with the newer updates, it seems to be slowly moving away from the old fashion basic style syntax.

oh well. theres probally other basic compilers out there.

i still have a hard time trying to find out why you still use the old fashion qbasic. just for fun?
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

My dear sir, you are an idiot.

And if this was a real life encounter, you would be royaly trashed.

Now pick up your crap and take it elsewhere.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

This must be a first. I actually agree with you. lol
wegister

Post by wegister »

oops! i'm sorry if my first post got negative reaction.

it was supposed to be a friendly introductionary post.

i either screwed up or just you guys are mean just because i posted a link to another website that was not a scam sceme site.

i should have done email which is hard to get a hold of.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Re: hi dudes! takin a look at quickbasic..

Post by Seb McClouth »

wegister wrote:well actually, qbasic is not much of a useful language without dosbox.

I really don't know why you guys like to still use the old quickbasic.. it's just a slow programming language to get anywhere.

when I ran into freebasic, I figure it has a descently fast but not as fast as c++.

there was also another thread somewhere about quickerbasic a programming language like qb which is backed by gcc. I dunno what happened to it. guess it was vaporware too.

next thing I want to say, I might get called a spammer but there is a non "basic" like website I wanted to show you, called profilactic. which is about keeping in touch with other peeps just incase if they quit the community or something like that.

so anyways, my main question is, how is the world of qb is doing and will it finally get replaced by something else besides freebasic? like quickerbasic?

a real true fact, I used qbasic over c++ back in the old days because it was a freak of a lot easier to learn and at the same time it was an unfortunate of a slow pole of a language as well. well since freebasic exists, thought it could replaces the QB becuase of speed period however with the newer updates, it seems to be slowly moving away from the old fashion basic style syntax.

i still have a hard time trying to find out why you still use the old fashion qbasic. just for fun?
wegister wrote:oops! i'm sorry if my first post got negative reaction.

it was supposed to be a friendly introductionary post.

i either screwed up or just you guys are mean just because i posted a link to another website that was not a scam sceme site.

i should have done email which is hard to get a hold of.
Mate, read your post again. And else, here's some of my feedback.

First and all,
a friendly introductionary post
? Hence the sarcasm in me quoting that line. I'd say it's an unfriendly taking-down-the-qb-community post. I don't see any friendlyness nor introduction... who's wegister... wot does he do, etc is introductionary...
And erm... you're not very objective...
well actually, qbasic is not much of a useful language without dosbox.
Erm... duh!! But then again, you can run it (Qbasic or QuickBasic) also in CMD, without dosbox or get the real deal, MS-DOS.
Fast enough and to show that QB (both) are still running in the leaque.
That not one, but actually three questions... so main question? But in order to you're question... the QB-community is just fine... still enough people interested... FreeBasic is used by loads of ex-QB-users... That's fine with me... in my case; I respect them and they respect me as a QB-user... QuickerBasic? We can work along sides... Microsoft releases VISUAL STUDIO with C and VBASIC... so, so can we work along sides...
What's there to find out? QB isn't so old fashion... don't refere to QBasic to much because most of use QuickBasic... and yeah for fun, and probably some of us still use it for their work...

So re-read your post and polish it up because you're offending loads of people!

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
sid6.7
Veteran

Re: hi dudes! takin a look at quickbasic..

Post by sid6.7 »

wegister wrote:well actually, qbasic is not much of a useful language without dosbox.

its a nostaligia thing and even if there are only 2 poeple left on the planet
that do qbasic...thats cool...

1. people like to see if they still can program with it and come up with some neat stuff.

2. people still like to see how far they can take qbasic.

3. its sill one of the easier programming languages to learn.

4. some programming courses still require it.

5. some companies still have some qbasic programs running and need fixes.

6. it sill has a fan base and always will

7. EVERYONE has a copy and plinks with it sooner or later

QBASIC RULES!

:)