Do ya guys use a social networking site?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

wondows

Do ya guys use a social networking site?

Post by wondows »

To keep in touch in with people outside this community site, and ex-community members?

I was just askin' that question because I thought it would be a good idea to do this because, what if this site is down or closes it's doors for goods, or just simply put that one person is no longer interested in this qbasic subject?

when all of the oldbies from my first community, ZZT was all leaving to move on to something better or try a new hobby. They used somethin to keep in touch with eachother like livejournal(for blog and almost all of them use them), elgg(for a users profile), aeonity(another blog), xanga, i forgot the others for an example.

I dunno if you guys will do this but this is just a shot.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Well, there's the Ortise website that's new.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Stoves
Veteran

Post by Stoves »

wondows

Post by wondows »

thats cool however, there are a lot of people who might not want to post their RL pics, and names(like myspace) over the internet for the sake of privacy.

like me and a few other people, like to go by something fictional over the internet like.. "Super Stick Bob", "Helmet Guy", "dude8345", or something like that.

the internet to me is a place for someone to talk to another real person with a different user name and participate in online and/or computer related activities.

it ok to talk about a little descriptions of things you did in real live like saying you went swimming, bowling, or attended an expo, would be something like that. it's also ok to tell everyone what city you live in, but I would go no further than that.

but if you are the person that posts a real life pic of your self + real name, go ahead, your the type of person.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I've had no problems posting pics of me on social networking sites. I'm on myspace and tagged under this username, but I don't do it for qmunity people. It can be a great resource if you're looking for...erm...female "companions", not that I've ever used them for that...