Never-ending story

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

Never-ending story

Post by {Nathan} »

RULES: No cussing, swearing, ect, don't use crap like "i did this thn i did tht..."

Be reasonable. I am going to "publish this" (in my school paper, if possible. Check your work, nothing is perfect though.

Story:

I was on my way home from karate, where I had just achived my black belt, when I noticed a path that I had never noticed before. A dark allyway spanned on and on, but though it I could see a glimps of tree that was next to my house, so I made my way through it. I passed a dumpster and threw what was left of my gum in it, when I heard something behind the dumpster, and when I turned around I saw...

Please be realalistic. No monsters, beasts, or anything, but crazed assisins and break-away fugatives with M4s will do...

Story # 2 (no need to continue booth of them):

The power was out and I sat for hours watching channel ten news and COPs until it was about midnight (the news just got over, at least in Columbus, Ohio) when I decided to go to bed, and as I put my portable TV away I saw a flash of a knive blade on my porch. In my confusion and panic, I heard a load swear.

"You forgot the ammo? YOU MORON!!!" yelled one man.

"Don't worry, man, it's only a silenced pistol, they don't do crap, and we just use it as a threat most of the time, andyway." another man replied.

"Ok, ok, let's just get a move on. You brought the screwdriver, right?"

"Yeah, I'll start on it."

I had no idea what the heck they were doing with a screwdriver, but I hid behind my couch thinking how painful a screwdriver up my butt would be. I heard one door fall to the ground followed by another. They stormed through my house knocking things over and yelling really load, wanting any inhabitants to come so they could hold them hostage. They got to the living room and they saw me as they were loading my mom's old, precius crackle glass when they spotted me.

"Don't move or we will blow your head off!" one of them yelled has they held their pistol at my face.

I got a brief discription of them: blue eyes, about 5' 3', and black hair. They took me to thier car with thier loot and took me to...

This one can be as creative as you want. HAVE FUN!!!
This took me about 20 minutes to type along with two bathroom brakes; when I have pop, I gotta go BAD and I had a cherry 7-up while typing this.

Have fun,
Nathan
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I like BUMP with my tea!
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Yeah. We have a lot of work to do here my friend. A lot of work. I'll try the first one.

...and when I turned around I saw a small cat scrounging around for her dinner. She hissed at my sudden movment and ran away in a hurry. Sighing in relief I once again set about heading for the tree that marked my darkened house. Even with the great art of self-defence on my side, the darkness creeped me out. I know that sounds odd but some kids just don't get over their fear of the dark, and I was no exception. I tell you I was ready for thieves, murders, dogs, and rats. But the secrets held in the darkness made my hair stand on end.

I managed to reach my house with no trouble and quickly set about turning on all the lights leaving no places for shadows to hide. Once I was satisfied I sat tentively down on the couch and turned on the T.V. The clock on the Pre-view channel said it was 8:25. Two hours to go. I was a sci-fi junkie in most respects, and my most recent obsession was Stargate SG-1. Man I loved that show, explosions, aliens, Minnesota.

I will admit I'm probably the biggest freak you'll ever see, Scardy Cat, Black Belt, Sci-fi, freak. And I'll tell you what, I was proud of it. Okay, maybe proud isn't the best way to describe how I felt about it but it was close. Then, power went out. I of course had a small back up generator for just such an emergency, of course stupid me also forgot to set the auto switch again. And I wasn't about to go outside. I crawled around and found my portable T.V. and turned it on. Basking in the soft glow of Public Access Television.

Well, what do you know. I combined the two stories. Ooops.
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Here's something I saw:
On the Second story:

1. Lights are off, its midnight. HOW COULD YOU SEE A FLASH OFF OF A BLADE?!?!?!? An worse its on your porch out the window and you were just casually going off to bed? Ok, that makes no sense.

2. A 5' 3'' guy eh? That's REAL scary! pfff. :P I would make him into tuna!

As for the stories,

Second Continuation:
I tell him to shoot me. When he hesitates I tell him what I heard then pounded him into the ground. His partner comes out. I notice a flamethrower in the car. A grin comes over my face....

The guy sees his pumled comrad. He then charges at me with his screwdriver. I take aim. I then raise my eye brow. I pull the trigger....The End.

I then notice the error in the story (the blade glimmer). I then realise its a fake story and my life was a lie. I go steal the former's car and go driving off towards Nate....with my flamethower safely besides me.... :D
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Reality soon creeps in and I realize I need to work on my imagination. I mean seriously, a flame thrower? I sit quietly in the backseat wondering why they bothered to kidnap me if all they were going to do is rob me.

Two hours later the car stops and I'm dragged out by my assailants. Stumbling around on the groud as they struggled to keep me in check and carried me toward a large building. In all of my fumbling I managed to get a good look around the rest of the building. I saw nothing. Darkness, a vast empty field of darkness. I cringed in fear at the sight, looking foreward to the light that the building offered, no matter my eventual end.

The building was about two stories tall, no windows that I could see, and one small door on what I guessed to be the north end of the building. Off in the distance I heard the faint bark of a dog, I figured this was either a sign that we weren't far from a town or they had guard dogs on patrol. Inside the door the only thing I saw was a dimly lit hallway. No doors, no windows, no way out. Against the far wall there was what appeared to be a old, worn, rusty metal chair with wrist buckles to hold someone down. They shoved me into the chair and qucikly secured my wrists.

"Jonathan Johnson." The shorter of my two captures said in a deep voice. "You have been accused of trying to undermine the government through anonymous threatening emails to the president, and rebellious website posts. How do you plead?"

I didn't know how to answer, seeing as how they weren't talking to me. My name is Matt.

His face twisted a bit at my silence. "How do you plead?" He asked again trying with all his might to sound threatening. He was looking at me, he was talking in my general direction. And there was no one inside the wall behind me.

"My name's Matthew Johnson, no Jonathan. That's my brother."

The anger in his face disappeard in a flash replaced by a confused worried look.
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »