First Post & Request

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Vesuvius

First Post & Request

Post by Vesuvius »

My name is Jamie and i'm from Lindsay, Ontairo. I've been using QB for quite some time now, but never really tried to increase my knowlegde of the program until late. Mostly all of my progams were done in text, thinking that graphics would be next to impossible, then i found pqbs.com. i must say the tuts really helped me, but i am still having a hard time understanding the code for a p*p scroller. could someone direct me to a REALLY BASIC p*p scroller with good code notes?
Thanks
Vesuvius /~\
sid6.7
Veteran

Re: First Post & Request

Post by sid6.7 »

Vesuvius wrote:My name is Jamie and i'm from Lindsay, Ontairo. I've been using QB for quite some time now, but never really tried to increase my knowlegde of the program until late. Mostly all of my progams were done in text, thinking that graphics would be next to impossible, then i found pqbs.com. i must say the tuts really helped me, but i am still having a hard time understanding the code for a p*p scroller. could someone direct me to a REALLY BASIC p*p scroller with good code notes?
Thanks
i cant remeber who did it but it seems like there was one released
here recently? do a search for P*P in the forum...
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

[feels stupid]
What is p*p scroller? :oops:
[/feels stupid]
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

E.K.Virtanen wrote:[feels stupid]
What is p*p scroller? :oops:
[/feels stupid]
Pixel*Pixel scroller, as opposed to screen*screen or tile*tile
It means an engine that is capable of scrolling a map by pixels (Supermario, even though it's a sidescrolling game scrolls by pixels), as opposed to screens (see Zelda) or tiles (See some other game I cant think of)
I have left this dump.