QB Express Issue 3 Updates -- Need content!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Interviews with special people? Just normal people or special people of the QB World? ;) Awesome.

Post by Guest »

Neo wrote:Interviews with special people? Just normal people or special people of the QB World? ;) Awesome.
Hey, everybody in in the QB World *is* special ;)

I was thinking more the likes of us rather than The Queen or Donald Trump though..
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hehe. We are special...

And I didn't think as well he'd interview the Queen or similar... :lol:

What I mean with special QB people are the people who changed the QB World drastically, e.g. Angelo Mottola, Blitz & v1ctor, bobby, Nekrophidius, etc ;)
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

I would like to help you. I like writing, im doing it allmost everyday on my pet?s site :lol: Alltought i dont think i have anything to write now because i was "away" from qb many years.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

What about an article about how the QB scene has changed over the many years since you left...

Or an "outsider's look" at the major QB sites of today...

Or a theory tutorial on how to write a good RPG conversation or make a good cut scene. You don't have to put any real code into this type of tutorial, just your thoughts on what makes games good or bad.

Or you could write reviews of QB games, or a preview of an upcoming game you know about.

... Even if you don't have the expertise to write a standard code-driven tutorial, there's still a whole lot of stuff that you *can* write. Let me know if you're still interested.
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Well, to be honest. I was amazed after finding so many qb webbys and notising how popular it still is. And what impressed me mostly was that how great peoples around qb are. Friendly and good answers even for the most simplest (or stupiest) guestions.

Btw, is there any qbasic channels on irc? I have found only one from qnet and it?s allways allmost empty. I like ircing so this way i could get 2 different interest at same place.
8)

Ill think some story idea and let you know if i get something.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

#quickbasic on Efnet has always been the first and foremost QB channel, but now most of the people that hang out in that channel don't actually program QB. Still, it's a very popular channel, and there are a lot of (former) QB programmers there.
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Pete wrote:#quickbasic on Efnet has always been the first and foremost QB channel, but now most of the people that hang out in that channel don't actually program QB. Still, it's a very popular channel, and there are a lot of (former) QB programmers there.
Yeah, i have checked it few times and seems like no qb programmers there or they only idle in there :(

If there are interest enought, we could make new qb channel somewhere. #qbasic is on qnet but it?s pretty empty allways. 2-3 peoples sometimes.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

#quickbasic on efnet is mostly now filled with adult children who do nothing except appease each other, babble stupidities, and boast how 3r33t they are to people who do actually still code with older languages. I was last there on the night of November 3rd and I'll never go back. Most of the channel's filled with conservative right-wingers who do nothing but piss me off with how stupid and blind they are. No sense in having a coronary attack over politics with people with the intelligence level of sheep. :D Just don't go on there and ask anyone if they still program in QB, because virtually everyone on the channel will flood you with how much you suck, how you should be coding in C#, and other assorted stupidities.

#bad-logic on efnet is where a lot of smart people hang out. That's where you can find Blitz and marzec along with some other people of that crowd...aka, smart coders who don't judge you for what you're coding with.
abionnnn

Post by abionnnn »

So basically things have not changed very much since the channel's inception... Heheheh.

Btw Nekrophidius, please get on ICQ some time when you are not busy! I'm almost always on GMT+8 style hours. =)

-abionnnn
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

I checked that #bad-logic on efnet. Hmm... it was empty totally. Propaply some server errors etc.

Im missing some channel where can chat and ask, you were n00b or leet. Doesnt matter.

Btw, is it probably or propably or propaply? :oops: :lol:
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

You could check: http://www.chatzone.de/quickchat.jsp?la ... =en.qbchat

Not IRC, but it's a BASIC chat anyways..

And it has really sprung to life in the past few days..

*Probably
I have left this dump.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

My bad...it's #badlogic