Need advice from Squaresoft fans...

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

BDZ
Coder

Need advice from Squaresoft fans...

Post by BDZ »

Hey, I'm only about one hour away from finishing Final Fantasy VII, and seeing as our local used videogame store is having a half-off sale tommorrow, which one should I get next?

I've done my research, I know they all have nothing to do with each other and that FF7 is the best one, but what's everybody's opinion? I'm looking at any of the collections or titles for psx: Origins (I and II), Chronicles (IV and Chrono Trigger), Anthology (V and VI), VIII, or IX (or for that matter Chrono Cross).

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

Although this is the wrong forum to be asking a question like that on, i would argee FF7 is the best, i would recommened 9 next.
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

Thanks. Actually, this is "General Discussion" where you can "Discuss anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!"

I heard in FF9 you can't usually go back to places you've been before. Is this true? I enjoy going back and visiting towns and areas in FF7.
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

yeh sorry, on ff9 you can revisit anywhere until disk 4, then something happens and you can't return some places
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

Thanks a lot--I'll definitely look into it.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

I liked FF9, but I HIGHLY reccommend FF8 instead. Believe me.
The Awakened
Veteran

Post by The Awakened »

BDZ wrote:FF7 is the best one
That's a HUGE matter of opinion. I'd say that FF6 is the best one that I've played , and everyone's gonna have a different opinion. But I'd say if you havn't played FF4 or FF6, then get Anthologies or Chronicles (I like FF6 much more than FF4). If you have, then get FF8.

Gee, ya know, I havn't played any FF games for a long time. Maybe it's time I reinstalled FF7 or 8.

In any case, have fun. :D
"Sorry for beating you up with a baseball bat Julian, but I DID think that you were a samsquanch."
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

RayBritton wrote:yeh sorry, on ff9 you can revisit anywhere until disk 4, then something happens and you can't return some places
I never finished FF9 (defective second disc, never bothered to replace it) but that happens in FF8.

And if you're going to get one game, get FFTactics.
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

*has never played any FF*
*wonders what he is missing*
:P
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I hate FF, and probably forever will, simply because I don't really have enough time to play video games...
Chaotic Harmony

Post by Chaotic Harmony »

I throughly recommend FFVIII next, or VI. Both have excellent stories and are a lot fo fun to play.

I wouldn't go near FFIX personally - I think it's possibly the worst game in the whole series. But, uh, chances are there's some disagreement on that :)
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

I have FFTactics already, its the type of game I'd rather play on the computer than a game console. Anyway, at the sale I bought FF3 (6 in Japan) for SuperNintendo. Wow! It's definitely worth the $30 I payed for it.
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

My personal favorite is FF6(3). I'm playing FFX at the moment, havent touched it in ages. I dont know, I didn't get that very attached to it.
Zim
Veteran

Post by Zim »

Nathan1993 wrote:I hate FF, and probably forever will, simply because I don't really have enough time to play video games...
I don't hate 'em, but I agree with Nathan; I really don't have time for games. But then, BDZ knows this... hehehe...
--- Zim ---
--- Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana ---
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

For anyone who hasn't already guessed, Zim is my father. He attempted to get into computer gaming back in the day of the TRS-80, but failed. As for not having enough time to play games, Nathan1993 and Zim I'm talking to you, for a game as good as Final Fantasy I'll make time.
Zim
Veteran

Post by Zim »

"... I'm your FATHER, Luke! Join me, and together we'll rule the universe!"
BDZ wrote:... Zim I'm talking to you, for a game as good as Final Fantasy I'll make time.
MAKE time AFTER your homework is done! Now get off the computer!
--- Zim ---
--- Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana ---
myuusmeow

Post by myuusmeow »

I wouldn't go near FFIX personally - I think it's possibly the worst game in the whole series. But, uh, chances are there's some disagreement on that :)
Reasons? IX was my PERSONAL favorite video game.
The super-deformed characters? (Like a Chibi Anime, but mature?)
The bad trance system? (Ya, it WAS bad, :P)
I have FFVII, FFAdventure, FF1 (GB), FF2 (GB), and FFO.

I'd personally reccomend FFIX, obviously, and FFO. FFT wasn't my style of gameplay, iso RPGs suck. :P
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Word of advice: the FF buck stops at 7. From there, try Xenogears, definately better by leaps and bounds than most FF games on the whole, and miles better than all of them after 7. Imo, the best RPG they've made...period.
PipeRifle
Coder

Post by PipeRifle »

Well... FF is good, although I only completed the FFVI.

During my high school days, every gamers talked about it. I was one of the zealous player.

But then again, I haven't played any good PC RPG at that moment....
After playing Fallout, Arcanum, Diablo, etc... Well FF doesn't seems to be THAT good...
:wink:

And even better, I recently acquired a game called Legend of Heroes VI. Really good game IMO. I really recommend to play it.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you, it's still in japanese.... :?
One defeated only when one stopped wanting to win