What to do with "QB News"?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

What to do with "QB News"?

Post by Pete »

What should I do with the "QB News" section on the front page?

I disabled posts on it way back in September or so to block spam, and it's just stagnated there ever since.

It seems kind of pointless now that I put all the news in QB Express.

Should I just repost the QB Express News Briefs every month?

Or should I just remove the whole section and show a few more "Latest Updates" posts?
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

If it's not too much work, having the News brief from QBE there would be nice..
I have left this dump.
Brandon
Coder

Public!

Post by Brandon »

I personaly think what good is it if the public can't post QB News there!!! Not everyone posts there programs/news in QBE!
Pete
Site Admin

Re: Public!

Post by Pete »

Brandon wrote:I personaly think what good is it if the public can't post QB News there!!! Not everyone posts there programs/news in QBE!
Not exactly... QB Express is an OPEN magazine, and EVERYTHING that is submitted is published. So if you send me a news brief, it WILL make it into the magazine.

But I see what you're saying.

The reason why I disabled it is because there were too many spam posts. They would show up all over the front page and ruin the site. But that's not the main reason why I did that -- sometimes spammers would submit 50 or 100 posts in a minute, and crash the site database. This happened a half dozen times, and I got sick of it. Luckily I kept backups and was able to restore the site.

Anyway, I don't see much of a point in bringing it back the way it was, since the QB News feature was barely used anyway.