4D

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

RyanKelly wrote:
Z!re wrote:
Nathan1993 wrote:lots of shit.
I'm just going to ignore that ignorant crap. And pretend you never said any of it nathan
You're a little cranky before mid-day. :)
Bite me! :D
I have left this dump.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Z!re... you're correct about time... because it was invented by men... who also invented all the dimensions... so than it could be correct... not really my type of work...
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
UWLabs
Coder

Post by UWLabs »

The problem of the actual number of dimensions of our universe is still open, as some theories (such as the string theory) predict as many as 26. In these theories however all the additional dimensions are such that the universe measured along them is subatomic in size. As a result, even if the universe had many more dimensions, we would only perceive 4 of them. (Wikipeadia - spacetime)

Minkowski space is named for the German mathematician Hermann Minkowski, who around 1907 realized that the theory of special relativity previously worked out by Einstein and Lorentz could be elegantly described using a four-dimensional spacetime, which combines the dimension of time with the three dimensions of space. (Wikipeadia - Minkowski space)

?The views of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space by itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of union of the two will preserve an independent reality.? ? Hermann Minkowski, 1908

-------------
With the vast resources of the internet available including but no limited to Science, Mathematics, Cosmology, Quantum Physics, Metaphysics, and Philosophy - why would one not delve into those repositories?
UWLabs
Coder

Post by UWLabs »

And to reply to "Count Chocula" "4D?"

May I suggest...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_dimension