soundcard issues

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

soundcard issues

Post by {Nathan} »

with my new comp, it came with windows 98se and everything worked fine, but it had a ton of stuff I didnt want so i formated the computer. everything works fine exept for the sound card.

I have tried to take out all the other stuff exept the video card to check to see if it was some kind of compatibility issue, but its not. I tryed 2 different drivers for it, didnt work. windows and sound controll says its working but my speakers say differently.

i have tryed 2 different speakers in each jack and it still wont work! does anyone have any ideas? i might just have to buy a new one,

andway, thx
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

What kind of sound card do you have in there?
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Kevin

Re: soundcard issues

Post by Kevin »

Nathan1993 wrote:with my new comp, it came with windows 98se and everything worked fine, but it had a ton of stuff I didnt want so i formated the computer. everything works fine exept for the sound card.

I have tried to take out all the other stuff exept the video card to check to see if it was some kind of compatibility issue, but its not. I tryed 2 different drivers for it, didnt work. windows and sound controll says its working but my speakers say differently.

i have tryed 2 different speakers in each jack and it still wont work! does anyone have any ideas? i might just have to buy a new one,

andway, thx
Driver issues...get the driver disc, or replacement drivers from the sound card or PC manufacturer...
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

its unsupported (too old) and its a CT4810 (model num) and I can't tell what it is. my friends dad says he has the driver but I cant go get it. i just installed another driver and still... its not working.

hehe... issue... thats a funny word...
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

you should be able to get the driver here:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ ... t4810.html
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Been there. Done that. It failed. I tryed 4 different drivers and 3 different speakers in each output place... I think my soundcard is crap but at the same time, I think it worked before I formatted...
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Two things:

1. The CT4810 has several different manufacturers. You'd have to figure out which one it is. If it's an onboard sound card, you're in big trouble.

2. Your sig is incorrect. QBASIC 4.5 does not exist. :P
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

To nek: I DONT GIVE A CRAP!!!

I found out that it is a Soundblaster PCI 64, but when I installed the drivers it can't even detect the sound card at all. I am just gonna get the drivers from my friend.

EDIT: It is working now. But its really quite even when I have 2 giant speakers (they are from a stereo so they don't have an amplifier) and were REALLY loud on my laptop, but they are really quite on full volume in Winamp and sound control.

I know about the amplified and non-amplified jack, and only 1 jack is working... :-/
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Line Out has its own output controller, and it's usually hidden by default in Windows' Volume Control.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Its hidden? Well its not under the options menu thing, so where might it be?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

If it's not listed then it isn't supported. I'm not sure about that particular model, but most of the CT line does have a seperate controller for Line Out. I guess that one doesn't, then...surprising, considering it's a 4xxx model, which isn't exactly terribly old as far as soundcards go.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Since the processor is only 533 mhz, im gonna upgrade the motherboard to one with a built-in soundcard and an athlon about 2800 which will make my dad mad that I have a better computer than him!