Allegro & freeBASIC

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

QB News
Site Admin

Allegro & freeBASIC

Post by QB News »

<p align="right"><b><font size=3>June 24, 2005</font></b></p>

<p><font size=3><b>Allegro & freeBASIC</b></font></p>
<p><font size=3>A constantly-updated book on using Allegro with freeBASIC.</font></p>
<p>I've started to write a detailed, comprehensive guide to using Allegro in conjunction with freeBASIC. I thought I might release the stuff I've got written and formatted for people to see.
<br>
<br>I don't know how far I go with this, I am only still learning all of this myself. I guess I will write as far as I can. Right now, I've had about 45 minutes experience with Allegro, yet I've spent over 6 hours writing this.
<br>
<br>Hope it's useful to someone.
<br>
<br>http://avinash.apeshell.net/stuff/releases/fballeg.zip

<br>

<p align="right"><font size="3"><b>Submitted by

<a href="mailto:avinashvora@gmail.com">aetherFox</a>

</b></font>
</p>
mennonite

a few ideas

Post by mennonite »

first of all, thanks for showing us your code aetherfox, i like the error handling especially... something i don't understand much in fb (i know there's a recent tutorial in qbe... i haven't studied it yet.)

it was good of you to include the dll.... but considering that it's 400k in a 400k zip... maybe offer it separately? i'm one of the people on dialup, so maybe i'm being silly. nevermind it...

also i thought it was going to be a tutorial... which i was looking forward to reading... maybe change the description to "a program that..." well, just a thought.

if you are writing a tutorial, i would love to see it, and even add some of the ideas into my own when you're done. my tutorial is general qbasic vs fbdos stuff, but basic allegro commands are vital to it. i really need to add the stuff that you need instead of "SCREEN 12" at the beginning of a graphics program... haven't gotten around to it.

you of course are free to use (actually i think it's public domain... ANYONE is free to use) anything you find on my tutorial, if you need it. i think you might have already worked past that stuff, though... all the same!
mennonite

oh dear, it seems i am an idiot...

Post by mennonite »

why did i think the allegro pdf came with the dll and wasn't part of your project?

oh yes, yes that's right... anyways, when i'm done reading it i will review it on my website like i planned before... and flee this thread quickly... thanks again! (doy...)
enq movain

nice work

Post by enq movain »

Nice work.

You've got it pretty exact for the most part so far. I've been using Allegro for a long while (even though I'm not the most proficient programmer, but I try) and was wondering when someone would do some sort of manual for Allegro and FreeBASIC.

Hats off to ya.