New Site

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

hmmm....

well, it should probably have its own catergory, since its different from the other ones. The description should be something like "Code frying your brains? Come in and relax for a bit.". Basically, it would be a forum where the programmers could talk about whatever they wanted, it would be a relaxed forum that wouldn't have a specific aim. There wouldn't be strict rules about posting accept perhaps something about not being negative. It would be an off topic forum I guess, but to be used for relaxing, not just posting random crap. If anyone else has any additions/edits, post 'em here. I figured it would be better if we all contribute to the idea rather than just one person. :D
Zeerus
Coder

Post by Zeerus »

I've got a good question. How many programmers here would join for something like this? Do you think it would attract a lot of users?

Here's the set up I'll have for the Coffee House

Category: Coffee House
Forum: Lounge
Description: Is your code getting you down? Come on in and relax. Get some inspiration, chat with other programmers and have fun above all.

Forum: Inspiration
Description: The best forum for ideas and inspiration. Links to popular sites, code snippets and more to get you going again. Feel free to post your own stuff too and get community feedback.

Forum: Other
Description: So it doesn't fit in any other Coffee House category? Post it here and we'll do our best to help you with your problems.

that's all I can think of for now. I'm open to suggestions. I send out a weekly newsletter to my forum members, so I'll announce the new forum next week, and if people are interested or if I get some new members, I'll publish it shortly after
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

well, you have inspiration listed in the coffee house description and then you have a seperate forum called inspiration, change the description to something like, get support or something. Also, try posting this on other, more active forums, such as:

http://forum.qbasicnews.com/index.php
and
http://basicnetwork.net/index.php

I'd also list fbtk, but its mid-move right now, so its not up.
Zeerus
Coder

Post by Zeerus »

okay, I'll work on promotion and everything later this week, when I have some free time. If anyone would like to help please join my forums and post around a little