qbinux

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

SebMcClouth (registered)

qbinux

Post by SebMcClouth (registered) »

Hello everybody out there using QuickBasic.

For already a long time (about 2 years) I've been trying to build an OS of my own with QuickBasic. I've changed the OS-idea to a platform OS (a.k.a. shell) so it runs on MS-DOS 6.2 and higher (haven't tested it yet on older or newer), and maybe in the future a real OS.

I have a stable core, which still needs work.

I'll be posting it soonly.

If you want to help... post here...

grtz
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

For research purposes:

www.Novix.tk

My old project
I have left this dump.

Post by Guest »

Soonly I hope to have the main core available as a library. If so, I'll post it to Pete to put it on his site.

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Due the fact that time is an issue, it's gonna take some more time to get a stable version. I have most of the core code on paper, which will be in the library, but that's it. I hope to have beta-version ready before the 15th of this moment.

greetings

Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

I'm sorry, but I won't have the core finished before the 15th. It might take until the end of this week. I was working on an important piece of code, which I still have on paper, and I don't know if it works yet.
I'll keep ya updated.

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

And yes!! we have a somewhat stable core. It seemed to work. I'm still working on a shell, along with it. The core I'm currently testing before I'm gonna unlease it the big bad!! Starting Saturday for e-mails for your copy of qbinux!!
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Well there's a tiny problem... the core doesn't seem to work as it should... When combing qb.lib/.qlb together with the qbinux.lib/.qlb there's a problem with the qb.lib/.qlb call absolute... I'm working on it...

grtz
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Today I wrote some more and even was able to perform a "test-drive". The core seems to be quite stable... and that's all there is... I'm working on a shell working with it... might be out before the end of next week. You'll be able to get your copy by e-mailing at Balai_Goyan@yahoo.com.

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Currently, I'm rewriting the main core. This is going to be version 0.04.
Why the rewrite? The original core was okay, but the rewrite's just for
me to keep things okay...

grtz
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

keep it up!
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Have you tested it yet??

grtz
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Yes, some more updates on the core and the ui (user interface). Probably will have a new version running by the end of the week.

Wow... you ppl are really good help...

grtz & mucho grazias

Seb
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Yes... I have started a new rewrite... I want to make it look more like linux... so I tried the directories... looks fine... but doesn't work the way I want it... So I'm trying to get it to work somehow...
Seb McClouth

Updates

Post by Seb McClouth »

Progress??? erm... short break on qbinux... will pick up again this week... I'm trying to build a key-handler... and lots of other stuff...

You'll notice soon...

grtz
Seb
Zamaster
Veteran

Post by Zamaster »

What the heck does "grtz" mean?
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

greetings or salutation zamaster, that's what grtz means :-)
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Updates on qbinux:

The new version will be a setup file, containing a tiny core, the complete core compressed, and ofcourse the setup-routines to install qbinux.
I hope to have a working version by the end of this week.

Shell (okay not a real shell but similar to Bash):
QBash is going to some building stages... Couldn't get it to work the
way it should but it's starting to shapen more and more.

Until next time folks!!

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

The setup has been going through several screen modes. Thx to so helpful tips from Antoni I've been able to get everything properly.
Will have a working version on Monday...

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

I can't wait to see it in action :-)
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

My neither... hehehehehe... It's looking all coolish...

grtz
Seb