qbinux

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Nathan1993 wrote:Will QBinux ever have support for linux programs?
Not sure... depends on how well I can adapt C to Basic or make a interpreter for c in Basic (how silly that may sound).

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Nathan1993 wrote:Err... I downloaded it to test my new linux skills just for the heck of it (because last time I couldn't figure anything out) and it wouldn't compile. Here is debug.txt.

Code: Select all

(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1993.

<S. McClouth -- MS-DOS Versie 6.20 -- di  21-03-2006 -- 15:31:18,06>
C:\PROJECT\MCQB>compile

Compiler utility for Qbinux v.0.01
----------------------------------

Compile kernel...
Compile init...
Compile util-qbinux...
Microsoft (R) BASIC Compiler Version 7.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1982-1990. All rights reserved.
 0052   0324    CONST QbinuxBanner = "Qbinux version " + UTS.Release + " (" + QbinuxCompile.By + "@" + QbinuxCompile.Host +") " + UTS.Version
                                                                                                                                             ^ Syntax error

45858 Bytes Available
36203 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)
Microsoft (R) BASIC Compiler Version 7.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1982-1990. All rights reserved.
 0052   0324    CONST QbinuxBanner = "Qbinux version " + UTS.Release + " (" + QbinuxCompile.By + "@" + QbinuxCompile.Host +") " + UTS.Version
                                                                                                                                             ^ Syntax error

45862 Bytes Available
36245 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)
Compile qbash...

Linking Kernel, Init, Util-Qbinux, Qbash

Microsoft (R) Segmented-Executable Linker  Version 5.10    
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1990.  All rights reserved.

LINK : fatal error L1093: a.obj : object not found
Compile complete.

<S. McClouth -- MS-DOS Versie 6.20 -- di  21-03-2006 -- 15:31:22,07>
C:\PROJECT\MCQB>exit
Not sure where the problem could be because that's my debug.txt

type command > debug.txt (enter) and then compile (enter) when it is finished after a few, type exit (enter), then send me that debug.txt.

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I'll do that next time I'm on windows/dos (may be a while).
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey ppl

I'll be on holiday till the 13th. See you then!

grtz
Seb
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

ah, 8 weeks working and then i have 4 weeks holiday. Cant wait lol.

Have fun Seb.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey everyone!!

Qbinux is still under development. Due to some internal kernel problems. I might post the thing what is causing the problem and ask you guys to help me out. The thing is that I know where it goes wrong but I don't know how to fix it. Anyways, I could release the version with Qbash as a new tech-release until we can fix that tiny problem.

TTYL!!

Grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Hey, seb. I looked at the code in the .bat file.

<stupid>
I forgot you had to compile in your directory with qb...
</stupid>
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Well actually you don't... just make sure that you have pds... and that you have the dirs that contain the compiler executables are in your PATH.

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I fixed the makedir-problem partly. Now the problem is that qbinux doesn't create the dir I'm asking it to make.

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

As to the former problem, I decided going back to the drawing table. I'm still drawing but the system is starting to get back in shape.

I'll keep ya all informed.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

It's starting to get shape. Currently working on the Core. Will have tech-release 1 ready around the end of this month... time is become less...
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Okay, I know... two months have passed... I'm working on it...
Since I'm going back to school... might take a while but I should have a running demo before the end of this month and I'll post it along with an article for the QB-Express...

Let me know what you think this far of it...

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Good news. Everything is going according to plan and I might be able to release the newest version before the end of next week.

Are you pps still interested or not?

grtz
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I wana know how this ends. Keep up 8)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Me too.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Okay, well I'll keep ya updated...

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

In case you thought that QBinux is dead...
It isn't... It's a well busy time... I'm gonna be a dad this year, probably next month...

Due to circumstances, QBinux hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm working on it. I've returned the NVXFS (the NoViX FileSystem) for obvious reasons: a great piece of work from Z!re, and that I can't make one myself yet.

Currently I'm working on the ?eta-version of NVXFS for QBinux. This is just a lot of typing and that takes time.

I'm back... and so is Qbinux...

Grtz
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Congratulations, Seb! <flashback>http://www.petesqbsite.com/forum/viewto ... /flashback>

Great! Since you hadn't done anything (public) for the last few months so I thought you might have disappeared. I was ready to send a search party :P

Anyway, of course you should continue with QBinux! It's a great project, especially from such an enthusiatic person.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Another update:
I've found some lame program which is able to translate somewhat C to VB and with that I have some more readable code.
Right now I'm implenting some Kernel-stuff...

The boot and init-procedure are working almost as they should and the main core is getting in shape as well.

I'll try to upload a new beta before the end of next week.

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

As things are going right now, I'll be posting a beta version of the new 0.01 Qbinux, including QBash 0.01 over 15 hours from now.
Check it out then and let me know what you think...