The new Core Demo of SpaceMerc! Need feedback!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

The new Core Demo of SpaceMerc! Need feedback!

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Hey,

Well I finally got myself away from Unreal Tournament 2004 yesterday, and did some coding...enjoy and comment please! :D

What I did:
-Fixed Stick of walls with your ship. (I just divided the vector + reversed it when it hit a wall)
-Made enemys shoot, prepare your eyes! :D
-Made you shoot less frequently.

I will be doing collision detecting next. :D I made an easy max 8 IFs per two any-sized pics collision dectecting routine awhile ago, I'll just modifiy it.

SpaceMerc
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:roll: Quick comment:

Nice work, but it seems to have a problem moving right, had nothing to do with the wall as I still have a problem, but its from tring to move right... Left is fine, but its like a tractor beem pulling it that way.. if you get my drift.. no right, idles fine, left is okay... :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

No, the movement seems to be an interesting spin on movement through space.

Since there's no friction in space you'd have to totally counteract initial movement before you can start in the next direction and this appears to be what's going on.

Because after getting it to move left, it refused to move right and yeah that's how it behaved.

Nice work, I like how the enemies seem to fly in small squadrons rather than on their own. Makes it very realistic.
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Eh, no, to test this I restarted the game, and tried to move right b4 I moved left.. wouldn't go.. then I reverted to left, and it acceled right (realy left) to where I wanted it...
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Thank you.

It should run faster once I put in some collision dectecting, and you can kill some enemies....or they kill you.

I had to spend a lot of time debugging it, I was making a stupid mistake. I was passing the Sprite for the Heavy Plasma Burst (big yellow thing) to the erase sub instead of the Mask of the Sprite. Heh, so instead of erasing it it was drawing it again....go figure :roll: .

Meanwhile the deal on that circle-like enemy, I made it so that you will absolutley despise them. They shoot AT you. I made it by doing linear interpolation. Bascially in lame man's terms:

yVector = (yourshipY - enemyshipY) / StepsToMakeToDestination
xVector = (yourshipX - enemyshipX) / StepsToMakeToDestination

Well, To make the bullets go faster make Steps less.

Next step:
Collision detecting
"But...It was so beutifully done"