SpaceMerc Second Demo!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

SpaceMerc Second Demo!

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ok, here is my Second demo:
--Difference:
-----Level handler from a text file.
-----Enemy Ships.
-----Optimization for enemy ships.
-----A end Fade out.
-----Flight paths for enemy ships.
-----An End message.

Whooo! I've been busy....enjoy and COMMENT plz. :D

SpaceMerc
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:( You forgot to pack something, it no plays, ERROR: File not found:

It might be the level TXT, there was none.. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Ya I noticed that about 10min after I PMed you, and I got the new thing uploaded, so just go to that link above and download.

BTW, you were right it was the Lv1. hehe... :roll: :D

Tell me what you think! :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Sorry, man, you need to update the links, I still get the same thing, no TXT doc.. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Hmmm...having trouble doing complete control. whether designed like that, glitch, or my mouse(I got a new optical one) I don't know. But it's not a problem. Just adds to the difficulty of the level.

Question, what does it take to kill the bad guys? Or even you for that matter. The Evil ones just pass right over you, your shots have no effect. You can't die or loose, so a fade out screen for the end is useless. Was this planned, or simply missed?
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Well it obviously has no collision detection yet, but it's looking better for sure. I don't personally like the mouse control but that's just user preference. :D
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Hehe, Ah! The questions.

There's a good reason for the enemies taking a lot of hits, and you too....Cause I haven't put the collision dectection in there yet, nor the enemy fire.

Its a demo, I want to know hows it going while I'm still developing it to perfect it in its early stages.

AS for the mouse, that WAS done on purpose. I believe I said this MANY times before, I didn't want your ship being a cursor.

As for the Link, I double checked, It should be working, I'll check again though.

EDIT:
Well I checked it and it works, so try it again, Rattra.

Hmmm...Nek, I want ALL the user perference I can get! That's the prupose of this thread! So...What do you suggest instead of the seek-out-mouse routine? :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Yes, finialy got the TXT this time yea!!,.

:) Hmm, I think you shakin SpaceWarp, course its not ment to go as far as you've took yours,. :wink: ,. basicaly, your getting on very nicely! even without the collision detection, its looking really nice, animations and every thing.. Great work!!!
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

ty

Well, I now made some pics for explosions, and got them loaded. Next step is to make an exploding EnemyShip routine when it's HP gets to 0 or below.

But I'm doing fine, and I'm keep trying to keep my program fast. Well, got to program some more.

EDIT:
BTW, if there's anything that would look good being changed Like the numbers, I made it VERY easy to change the shape and/or color of them, and almost as easy to change the size. So If you have any suggestions...
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Keyboard support would be nice, with semi-realistic controlling (some basic physics...inertia effects, rate of acceleration, that kind of stuff...really easy to "fake"). Also, got plans for larger enemies I hope?

An exploding ship is rather easy...think back to what I told you about state machines. :D When the ship is meant to be destroyed, set it into a "destroy" state. You'd have your series of explosion graphics in this state, and you'd also want to make sure the enemy ship that is exploding couldn't be hit anymore. When the explosion state is completed, you remove the enemy from the object queue. Easy peasy. :D
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Well thanks for the input.

Ya, that's thew way I was going for the exploding routine.