Space Warp, Finial Beta!!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Space Warp, Finial Beta!!

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D Finially I got around to cleaning up my last beta with indepentant Mouse or Keyboard functions... Here it is, flicker removed, and sound added!! :roll:

http://members.aol.com/rattrapmax6/qbfiles/swmandk2.zip

Enjoy!! :D
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Didn't you say that that last one was the last beta?

heh....Well I like the mouse better and I'm WAY in head of you.
The keyboard controlsm, I hate them, you have to stay still to shoot and to not shoot to move. I don't like the Mouse controls because your ship is like a cursor. I LOVE the sound effects though :D .

Well that's my review of your demo....notice I'm not calling it a beta, because what you have is a partial demo of your core.
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Beta? Demo? nevermind, yeah I thought the last one was the last, but after I fixed the flicker, added the sound, I just made one last installment.. BTW, I got the sound to play in the backround, I'll PM u with the stats tho..

So, what your saying is I need to make the ship accel to the mouse, not just move with it?? That wouldn't be hard, tho it will decreace responce.. probaly what you mean, make it more real... just some:

a = (F/M) hmm, I think that would do it. :wink: Thats Physics. :D Just have to convert a few things with that... umm, maybe I'll go simple.. I'll look over it.. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

:shock: WOW slow down.

I thought something like you have a x/y variable for your ship and a mx/my variable for your mouse. Every loop if x<>mx or y<>my then increase /decrease a step variable to x or y depanding on where the mouse is.

That should make your ship seek the mouse. :wink:

It makes it more realistic.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yeah, that what I was on, I was just debating if I should make the ship respond as if it would in real life,.. a = (F/M):

Acceleration(of movement) = (Force/Mass(Weight of ship/9.81(I think thats it)) :wink:

But maybe not, tho it make it one of a kind for sure.. :D
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

X| too complicated