2 QBasic Programmes

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

aleatorylamp

2 QBasic Programmes

Post by aleatorylamp »

Hello!

I?m a newbie and I enjoy programming in Qbasic - and it would be cool to exchange ideas.

I just thought I?d share a couple programmes with you. One is a cell survival/proliferation "game" called AMOEBAS.BAS, where you can alter several parameters on the main menu to study how their survival changes.

The other is a small text adventure game called SHIPREKT.BAS which has an ascii symbol map (the extended ascii set needs the Greek maths symbols, so you may need Codepage 437 in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files with MS-DOS or Win98. In Win XP the correct set is automatic) where the player character is shipwrecked and has to talk to several people in the area to get some help to rebuild the ship?s rigging. The available conversation lines depend on the development of the game, and the text descriptions are simple.

In my next post I?ll post the two links!

Thoughts and ideas are obviously very welcome!
Cheers,
Aleatorylamp
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Hi again!

Here are the links to the 2 programmes, and some more comments.

There are instructions at the beginning of the QBasic programme listing.

One is a cell survival/proliferation "game" called AMOEBAS.BAS, where you can alter several parameters on the main menu to study how their survival changes. I have hat to use SCREEN 7 because otherwise the pixels would have come out too small - each cell is a pixel. Depending on their colour, they move differently, and this affects their survival. The "world" can be manipulated so as to study the cells? survival.
The link is
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/3VMr1cBAkK/AMOEBAS.BAS.html

The other is a small text adventure game called SHIPREKT.BAS. In SCREEN 7 the ASCII symbol map looks better. The symbols represent trees, huts, mountains, water, marshes, sand, fields, orchards, etc. The shipwrecked player character has to contact different people for help in exchange of small favours to be able to fix his ship?s rigging and continue on his journey. Movement is with the cursor arrows, and the available conversation lines depend on how the game advances, and the descriptions are simple. The link is:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/bJpXr2nou1/SHIPREKT.BAS.html

Thoughts and ideas are obviously very welcome!
Cheers,
Aleatorylamp

Moved by Ted
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Nice little adventure game. Like the interactive fiction/ASCII map combo. I will cover it in Basic Gaming #4.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
stevecosta

Post by stevecosta »

i am unknown about fictions please let me know