Two Lords :: Official Release Of Episode I

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Two Lords :: Official Release Of Episode I

Post by Nodtveidt »

This is an official release of Two Lords. This is a complete version of Episode I of the game: "Escape".

http://www.eponasoft.com/2l.7z

This game requires Windows and is not built for other platforms, nor is it planned for release on other platforms.

Most of the details are in the included text file, Two Lords.txt. However, there are a couple of details not mentioned there.

A few known issues:
-A few of the menu items don't quite work, namely the player name field.
-Enemy AI is still a bit weak.
-The third mouse button's control is still a bit off. Of course, this feature is a 'luxury' for those with a mouse wheel.
-The game may still crash right after the title screen. If this happens, simply run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98.
-If you have to run the game windowed (highly unlikely with 640x480 mode working perfectly), you can disable the mouse by pressing M.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Wow, I never thought this would come out! I think I first previewed it in like QB Express #2. :)

Downloading now.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

It almost didn't come out. But between Lachie looking forward to it and my wife repeatedly telling me that it was a good game, I decided to pull it out of retirement and not only release it but complete it. So the final version will be out sometime in early 2009.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Two bugs were discovered in the game, one of which prevents completing Act 02. So, here's a patch to correct these issues.

http://www.eponasoft.com/2l-patch1.zip