KDAGs New Adventure Game - Zogies Labyrinth

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

How far did you get on Zogies?

<3 levels
67%
<6 levels
No votes
< 12 levels
No votes
<24 levels
No votes
I Beat it!!!!!
33%

Total votes: 3

KDAG
Coder

KDAGs New Adventure Game - Zogies Labyrinth

Post by KDAG »

:D Hello everyone in the QB community. Just want to share my new program with you all. I wasn't able to upload it onto Petes Qbasic but it is available at the Qbasic Station. Please check it out!! ZOGIES LABYRINTH.
Thanks KDAG ( Programmer of Astral Worlds)
If you cant get it any other way. E-mail me and I'll send it to you.
zogies@hotmail.com
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Hrm...can I play it single player mode?

BTW, I took the liberty to post few screenshots of the game. Hope you don't mind.

Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
KDAG
Coder

Post by KDAG »

No. There isn't a one player mode. :cry: Zogies was made for my children to play and work on together.
But, I do have a TIP that will help you complete the game playing alone. (this is how I do it.) :lol: When you advance to the next level, send one of your Zogies back down through the warp. when you have completed the new level (you have the diamond and know the way out) go back down and get the Zogie you left behind then take both and proceed to the next level.
KDAG
Coder

Post by KDAG »

:D Ok everyone. A single player option has been added. it will be presented ASAP. Hope you all enjoy Zoggies Labyrinth first edition for now.
KDAG
Coder

By the way!

Post by KDAG »

By the way! Thanks everybody for all the e-mails and requests! Zogies has been online for three days and has gotten some great responses. You all should feel free to send me your programs or questions as well.

Also, a speacial thanks to Lachie!! He is a programming Rock Star, and an asset to this community!

Remember anything you can think of can and should be programed!
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

Do not go too overboard with the Lachie praise. He said he would run a games forum at QBasic.com and deserted long before Mark decided to scrap the project.
KDAG
Coder

Post by KDAG »

I'll call it as I see it, and Lachie has always been a helpful and active person in this community. But Please everyone, I'd rather you bash on Zogies then each other at this forum. Its Just Qb, Its just for fun! KDAG
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

I'd say Lachie has as much class as the other FB community leaders. Absolutely NONE!

He probably just wants to copy your game for his site!
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

Croatia 1 England 4
Latest World Cup qualifying result.
Eat your heart out Lachie. lol
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Dudes, what's your problem?

Anyway, I was not informed about that virus and if one was there...well, I sure didn't put it there. Most zip files were uploaded as they were download from other sources.

How about you people commenting this guys game?
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

If you had visited the site you were supposed to be running or Network54, where warnigs were posted, then you would have realised that something was wrong. Mark put you in charge of games and left me to run the rest. As the games site seemed to be something between you and Mark then I left it to you.
Try going to your site at QBasic.com.
I am sorry for the OP but then again he should not have been too gushing with your praises without Knowing you.lol
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

The link to qbasic.com forum is removed. I found a link to it on some convoluted way: http://www.qbasic.com/wbb/index.php

HACKED bY: SH!T ?

WTH?

Anyway, no virus report there.

I made no promises to Mark and wasn't obligated to do jack-shit, pardon my French. You don?t know anything about our arrangement so don?t speak as you do. I did as much as I could (which is 10 times more you ever did for the QB community), and as long as I thought it was worthwhile. The feedback I was getting on the site was horribly minimal, and I found other interests. Despite all of that, the very site is a great source of QB games and will remain so as long as Mark is willing to host it, and HardRock is willing to host the files.

I don't go to network54 because I don't consider it the part of www.qbasic.com, and your loitering in it I don't consider as running of www.qbasic.com

Nothing is happening on www.qbasic.com, you are not doing anything there to advance or update it, dead links are everywhere (Store, Links, Wiki, ?), you are pathetic. Stop accusing me for sins you are more guilty of.

If Mark had more sense he would have removed the link to network54 in the first place. I just can?t believe he let?s you bozos leech from the attractive URL that www.qbasic.com is. Your network54 sorry excuse of a forum would be dead without it.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Hmmm...let's not go there guys. if you want to dispute this subject take it in email. This is just the kind of thing QB or FB or any other BASIC doesn't need.

Instead of destroying each other's efforts or insulting each other, why not work together to make every QB or FB place a better one? That's my take on it.
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

I would agree that we should work together and I will not pursue this further, other than to clear up a couple of points.
The QBasic.com forum has now been closed and the QBasic forum link goes to Network54. This was after Solitaire and myself persuaded Mark to switch the forum to network54, because there were more QBasic experts there. The link that Lachie found was for the previous QBasic.com forum, now called archives and not the more recent one, which seems to have vanished.
My remit was to be super moderator with Mac but due to Mac's sad demise, I was left in charge. This was not for the whole site, just QBasic.com forum. The latest virus I found at the games site has now been removed but there are problems with the site that only Mark can control. I no longer have any influence at the site.
PS
Thank you Lachie for the work you done originally.
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

Now let us get back to Zogies. I am not a games player as most of you know, but only one person has tried it!!!
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Well, I tried it after I got it via email from KDAG. My biggest complaint was the fact it can't be played in single player mode. And since KDAG is working on that, I'll wait for the single player version.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Is the single player option available at QbasicStation.com ?
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
KDAG
Coder

Post by KDAG »

:lol: Hi Everyone. As for the one player addition of Zogies, it will be out soon. But please don't let that discourage you from playing the game. My five year old son can maneuver two Zogies at once and does pretty good :D

FYI.. It seems that the Qbasic Station site is down for a while. So If you want to check out Zogies Labyrinth, just Email me at Zogies@hotmail.com.

Also if anyone knows another site where I can upload the game onto, Please let me know. :?
burger2227
Veteran

:(

Post by burger2227 »

Yeah the site is down. I sure hope it has nothing to do with the owner Jack, as he SELDOM even visits. I have a lot of Uploads there too!

Ted
KDAG
Coder

Post by KDAG »

Well it looks like Qbasic Station is bacK up! So Please Download Zogies Labyrinth and comment about it here or over email.
Zogies@hotmail.com