QBinux

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

QBinux

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey all

I know it's been silent... even the alpha-testers were silent...

That's why for the first time in QBinux history, I'm releasing the alpha-release to the public...

Also McClouth Software has moved servers. We're now hosted by Zoastertech; http://mcclouth.zoastertech.com.

And there you'll be able to get the alpha-release.

If you have run it, it's only bin currently, send me your feedback at mcclouth.software@gmail.com.

McClouth QBinux is for the community, by the community.

Grtz!!
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Owkay... I moved to this new develop-station, a new laptop, things got messed up while moving the files and I lost all the source code I had written so far... So after a week of hard work... I've rewritten a lot but it's error and trail...
So the program hangs, but I can't tell where exactly...

If someone wants to look at it, send me a mail @ mcclouth.software@gmail.com and I'll send ya the source I have this far.

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

Seb McClouth wrote:Owkay... I moved to this new develop-station, a new laptop, things got messed up while moving the files and I lost all the source code I had written so far... So after a week of hard work... I've rewritten a lot but it's error and trail...

Grtz
oh bummer......backup backup backup!!!!!!!!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Well, I rewrote most of the code and i made a backup this time.

so no bummer...
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Well, there was a bug in the rewrite, which I bugged out today, stupid period.
Means that the core is, as is, functional.

It was functional, due to something in the FileSystem-routines, it does nothing, just quits.

I'll keep you guys (and gals) posted!