New QBinux version available!!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

New QBinux version available!!

Post by Seb McClouth »

Go to http://www.freewebs.com/mcclouth and try the newest version!!

Grtz
Seb
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey,

I like it, though it would have been helpful to give use the user name and password instead of guessing it (sorry if you did), it took a little while to figure out. I think it was root and mcclouth or qbinux. Also I didn't know what the pw was for testrun.

I had a problem though, I was unable to compile code, it errored each time, I was only trying to run print "Hello World". Your text editor bugged pretty easily, dunno why.

Could you please have error messages for commands that don't exist,

But it looks pretty cool.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

1) don't use the Novix.exe, it's just there, since I used to create files on the Novix-filesystem... I've included it for no reason, actually.
2) Well for the login: username is root, password is toor.
3) testrun.exe is the whole QBinux thing, the core, QBash
4) if you can't compile, make sure that you use QB7.1, and make sure you've run new-vars.bat in x:\BC7\BIN, where x: is your drive where you installed QB7.1

if you have any more questions, be sure to e-mail me at mcclouth.software@gmail.com

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.