Text Adventure Compo '04 is now open

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Text Adventure Compo '04 is now open

Post by Nodtveidt »

The TAC is an annual competition of programmers to create the best text adventure possible. The rules are minimal...the idea is to show your stuff the best way possible. Visit the website here:

http://tac04.nodtveidt.net/

Also, I issue a challenge along with the compo! Your challenge is to beat both na_th_an and I in this compo, as we're both competing this year, as is previous TAC Champion, FRoG32 (Josiah Tobin). :D

So stop by and register, and show the world what you got behind the fingers without having to rely on pretty graphics. This compo is only ONE MONTH LONG, so the longer you wait, the less chance you have of winning. :O
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I would enter, but I am now working on a game called "Fugitive" for Pete's challenge. If I finish early, I might enter.
Last edited by {Nathan} on Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Great to hear that you're entering my challenge... but you might want to spell "Fugitive" correctly in your final release.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Hey pete, just wanna make sure this is a valid entry. It's get to point a to point b without getting cought by the NPCs. Goal area, some odd, random things and a little more-like different styles of AI(mimics, follow, patrol). . . :?
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Sounds fine to me, as long as your character is an ASCII smiley face that you move with the arrow keys and your map doesn't scroll.

But yeah, you can have moving enemies, powerups, etc.