A powerful multiprogram & cooperative multitasking GUI

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

N1FTY V1RU$

A powerful multiprogram & cooperative multitasking GUI

Post by N1FTY V1RU$ »

Hello from France!

I've never posted on this forum before... because i did'nt know this one before... :(

I'm proud to present you a pure french ('cocorico!') QBasic 1.1 related project named GLASSES [for Graphics, Librairies And Simplified Subsystem Ensemble, Special (edition)]

It comes with an object model and all needed functions to manipulate objects in memory, and display, hide, move, delete, or change then aspect of objects. Objects are Windows, frames, buttons (and bitbuttons), labels, listboxs, checkboxes, radiobuttons, inputfields, pictures area, etc...

It comes also with something called the 'kernel' wich allows to load multipart programs (really, looks for program dependencies, and load all necessary components). The kernel also allows programs and librairies to enter a kind of cooperative multitasking. Many, many features are included in the kernel and in GLASSES, in general.

It comes with a lot of librairies wich allows programmers to save a lot of time. For example, direct memory access and EMS capabilities, Sound capabilities over a SB compatible sound card, background service managing capabilities, and many more features...

Unfortunately, you'll have to run it in pure real time operating system, (or under M$ Win2000 SRV edition) because it needs a lot of processor ressources. It works fast and properly under M$ Dos v5, 6.2, 7.0(98Dos)*

Here's the URL: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nicolas.voisin/ ... nsetup.exe for download it. Uncompress it into C:\, so files are placed into C:\GLASSES... When uncompress process is done, launch file C:\GLASSES\X.BAT (restart in pure real-time mode is recommended!)

The official WebSite is here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nicolas.voisin/glasses/home.htm

Website, concept, devloppment, debugging, so, the whole project is maintain by my own.... Any help granted. Contact: vn.sigma.net@wanadoo.fr
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

You should translate it to english. Everyone would like that!
N1FTY V1RU$

Translation

Post by N1FTY V1RU$ »

Subprojects are currently in progress. Translating GLASSES is one of these subprojects.

GLASSES translation project has two parts:
1- Translation of GLASSES itself,
2- Translation of the website.

The first part of this subproject is not done, currently in progress since 2004, May. The second part, translating the website, will not be started until the first part is not done.

So, I apologize...
--------------------------
...:: N1FTY V1RU$ ::...

Post by Guest »

had a look at your gui.
All I found after install is a lot of empty folders.
N1FTY V1RU$

Empty folder ???

Post by N1FTY V1RU$ »

How, and where did you install it ? (GLASSES mut be installed on drive C:)

Because you just have to download the zip file, uncompress it into C:\, and all files are copied to the correct destination.... (?)

Try this way:
Look after the files called 'install.bat' and 'setup.exe' in the folder where you uncompressed the zip file.

Under windows, enter a dos box (using cmd.exe for ex.) and set the current path where files below are stored.

Type: setup.exe -x -y C:

All files will be copied.
Change current directory to C:\GLASSES
And type X (x.bat)

Let me know if it doesn't work with this method.
N1FTY V1RU$

Empty folders... Problem found

Post by N1FTY V1RU$ »

Oups!

I found the problem...

It is because I added a password to the zip file, and entering an incorrect password creates the directories, but doesn't uncompress any file.

I will rebuild this auto install soon, and inform you when it will be done. Password will be inserted at the end of the "important informations" listbox.

Sorry.
N1FTY V1RU$

Here it is...

Post by N1FTY V1RU$ »

Here it is...

I uploaded the new installer (Password needed. Read the text of the setup process entirely!)

You can download it here:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nicolas.voisin/ ... nsetup.exe