QB Express #20 coming soon!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #20 coming soon!

Post by Pete »

Hey guys, sorry QB Express #20 isn't out yet. Things are hectic, as usual. But it's coming soon!

As you might already know, I'm in Los Angeles this semester, interning at Sony Pictures and Actual Reality Pictures. I just finished those internships up on Friday -- and good news, I got hired by Actual Reality for the summer! I'll be coming back to L.A. and working there from June to August... my first paid job in the entertainment industry.

In the meantime, I've been gearing up for a trip to Ethiopia I'll be going on during the last half of May. Plus I'm busy writing papers and studying for my finals (which start tomorrow). So long story short, no QB Express yet, but I'll put it together ASAP.

Now here's the catch: In a few days, I'm flying home for two weeks, then going to Ethiopia, and then coming back to L.A. at the beginning of June. The problem? My computer's staying in L.A. while I'm gone. That means I'll have very limited computer access for the next month. QB Express #20 will be out shortly, but I can't promise much more for the month of May.

So long story short:
QB Express #20 should be out next week. The Qlympics will be delayed until QB Express #21, and #21 will probably not be out until the beginning of June.

I apologize for any inconvenience, but real life sometimes gets in the way of QB!
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Pete, at first im happy to hear about your first paid job. Its allways nice when some one has things goin for good 8)

But as second, i really recommend you to consider about sharing work load of QBE for volunteer helpers. And there is lots of em who would help, and maybe put QBE up while youre busy...youre so often busy.

dont wana see you overloading yourself, so release some pressure for others too.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

awesome, I can't wait to read it of course hehe..

Great news on you getting hired for the summer. :-) get pictures and tell us all about Ethiopia when you get back :-)...
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Pete,

That's great news about your job! I wish you the best.

Also, have a wonderful time in Ethiopia. How exciting! Shucks, I've always wanted to go to Africa since watching Tarzan movies when I was a kid.