Suggesstion

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Do you think we should add forums?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:59 am

Yes
No votes
Antonym of Yes
100%

Total votes: 6

Anonymous

Suggesstion

Post by Anonymous »

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but I guess this is it.. That's why I posted this suggesstion, this is a nice community but I hate to say we need more forums... I can see there's only four..
Let's create a new forum for let's say, Graphics Design (where members can post there resources or they can request for some), A music forum (where they can also post there original compositions or request for some music), A suggesstions forum (where someone can post his/her suggesstions or thoughts about it), a scripts forum (where they can post a very good script for QBASIC), or something like those....
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

No.
I have left this dump.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

YUeah I gotta agree with Z!re, I think the main reason this is a nice community is because of the current setup...nothing to hard or long to remember, 4 items = easy navigation, etc etc...I wouldn't change a thing hehe...
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

On a low-traffic forum like this, the more forums you have, the worse it is. There aren't enough posts to fill more forums, so they would just sit there empty and get in the way.

I think that's one of the biggest problems a lot of small sites have; they create dozens of forums and there aren't enough people to fill them (most of them never even get a single topic posted). Plus, it makes the navigation difficult and the site big and cumbersome....in the end, I think adding extra forums ends up driving people away.
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

yeah..i think the size of this forum is healthy for the amount of traffic it gets.
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

There are plenty of forums and groups out there for specific topics like musing and graphing. Language specific sites like this with such sub forums either see very little use or posts that are either too generic to answer or so common that a general search engine could have answered them.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Pete wrote:On a low-traffic forum like this, the more forums you have, the worse it is. There aren't enough posts to fill more forums, so they would just sit there empty and get in the way.

I think that's one of the biggest problems a lot of small sites have; they create dozens of forums and there aren't enough people to fill them (most of them never even get a single topic posted). Plus, it makes the navigation difficult and the site big and cumbersome....in the end, I think adding extra forums ends up driving people away.
You're absolutely right, Pete. Haven't we had this discussion before, recently? And, we came up with the same conclusions.