Guest News Posts Now Subject to Approval

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Nekrophidius wrote:Pete...I don't know how many times I've suggested that you enforce membership to make posts here... :( I guess you're never gonna listen to me on the subject though so I'll just stop suggesting it. :(
You've suggested it many times, and I've told you many times: The spam posts here are not even posted through PHPBB. They're posted by my own "QB News" bot which takes all posts in the Coranto "QB News" database and reposts them in the forum so that people can respond.

The way I have my site's CMS set up, it is completely dependent on anonymous posts and submissions. There is no easy way to force users to register without a LOT of hassle and a complete reorganization of the back-end. I just don't have time to do that right now.
Xerol wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to not have the front page "Latest Topics" box include the posts from the News forum, since it's pretty much redundant with the news stuff being at the top of the page?
The Latest Topics box highlights all the topics posted in the forums, not just news posts. It provides a fast way to get to the most recent forum posts from the front page. I like it the way it is...
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Me too. If it weren't for that thing, it would have taken me a lot longer to relize that QB wasnt dead. i really thought it was completely dead, anad when new things came out i just thought someonee wanted a blaast from the past.
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

Pete wrote:
Xerol wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to not have the front page "Latest Topics" box include the posts from the News forum, since it's pretty much redundant with the news stuff being at the top of the page?
The Latest Topics box highlights all the topics posted in the forums, not just news posts. It provides a fast way to get to the most recent forum posts from the front page. I like it the way it is...
That's not what I meant. I know it takes all the most recent posts from the forums. But how about just having it 'ignore' the QB News forum? The EXACT SAME things are posted on the front page, at the very top. So it would just take the most recent posts from Site News, Questions, and GenDisc.
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Pete wrote:You've suggested it many times, and I've told you many times: The spam posts here are not even posted through PHPBB. They're posted by my own "QB News" bot which takes all posts in the Coranto "QB News" database and reposts them in the forum so that people can respond.
I've never seen this response from you, so I simply figured you were ignoring me.