QB Express #10 Released

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:10 pm
Location: Candor, NY
Contact:

QB Express #10 Released

Postby Pete » Fri May 27, 2005 4:22 pm

<p><strong>QB Express #10 Released</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on May 27, 2005<br>
The <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue10">May issue</a> of QB Express is now available!<br><br>This issue is the largest ever, with <b>NINE</b> original tutorials and nearly 300KB of text alone. We fill you in on all the latest Qmunity news (and boy, is there ever news this month), and keep you entertained with a wide variety of editorials, game reviews, previews and opinion pieces.<br><br>This month's tutorials include Chapter 5 of Na_th_an's IF Games series; a tutorial on FB Variables and Var Initializers by VonGodric; "The Art of Data Validation" by MystikShadows; Part 2 of Vincent Peters' Simple BASIC Interpreter series; "Proper Error Management in FreeBasic" by MystikShadows; an Artificial Intelligence tutorial by Robert Hambly; Chapter 1 of Na_th_an's new "Coding A Parallax Scrolling Platformer" series; and parts 3 and 4 of Professional and Commercial Application Development by MystikShadows.<br><br>Also this month, Adigun A. Polack reviews "Battle Pong" by Lithium, aetherFox writes about Artificial Stupidity, Deleter answers the question "So What The Heck Is Fun Anyways?", DrV gives us a spelling and grammar lesson, and Jacob Palm tells us about QBasic GUI Development. Plus, Jace Masula's ASCIIQUEST is featured in this month's Gallery.<br><br>What an issue! Check it out now: <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue10">QB Express #10</a></p>

User avatar
Rokkuman
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: NW Florida

Postby Rokkuman » Fri May 27, 2005 8:07 pm

I have read in numerous places that the people in charge of QB45.com and V Planet! will be returning within the next few days. Fling-master and Jofers have posted about this at the QB45.com board, and Joe King and Rokkuman (who are helming the V Planet! return) have also said that VP will come back by the end of the month.


What? Heh, I may be supporting VPlanet's return a huge amount, but at this point, I'm not actually involved with the site. The fact that it's coming back in a few days is just as much of a surprise to me as it is to everyone else. :)

The only site I'm really trying to bring to a return is QBColony, my own QB Game review site which has been off the internet for about a year now, due to the fact that my home server is being slown down by some of the most retarded stuff ever.

User avatar
lurah-
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Postby lurah- » Sat May 28, 2005 4:48 am

Nice one, great work Pete and all others who were building it 8)

User avatar
The Walrus
Veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:19 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Postby The Walrus » Sat May 28, 2005 8:51 am

As always a great issue :P
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain walruses?

User avatar
Kyle
Veteran
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:41 pm

Postby Kyle » Sat May 28, 2005 3:10 pm

The QBNews Forum is back open until a new owner is decided upon.

There goes your big article.. :(

Z!re
Veteran
Posts: 887
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

Postby Z!re » Sat May 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Why's that?

It's still nice to hear what people have to say about it.. atleast I think it is..

Also, a lot of people, including me, still dont understand why it happened.
I have left this dump.

User avatar
lurah-
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Postby lurah- » Sat May 28, 2005 7:31 pm

We know why it happened, we just dont know reasons for that why 8)

User avatar
Nodtveidt
Veteran
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Quebradillas, PR
Contact:

Postby Nodtveidt » Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 pm

The reasons are pretty obvious to anyone who understands the persona of a shifter...he couldn't handle the pressure of people actually asking for what they wanted, so he decided to walk away like a coward and close up shop. When his attempts at garnering pity instead resulted in many people springing into action to save the shattered remnants of the Qmunity, he decided to play the hero card by reopening the forum. By doing so, he has hoped that people will forget that he backstabbed them with a smile and at the same time, try to come off as the "savior" or the "hero" to the Qmunity. It's quite disgusting and really bodes the question..."what kind of MAN is this?"

Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun May 29, 2005 12:26 am

Nice story. Too bad nobody's buying it this time either. I'm sure you'll try again though.

User avatar
Nodtveidt
Veteran
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Quebradillas, PR
Contact:

Postby Nodtveidt » Sun May 29, 2005 12:33 am

I guess the lips are still firmly glued to the asscheeks, eh? I'm sure glad you speak for everyone, because some people were beginning to talk on their own...Goddess forbid!

Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun May 29, 2005 1:16 am

Maybe you'd like to explain your personal vendetta against Wildcard? Or do you just enjoy libel as much as insults?

User avatar
Nodtveidt
Veteran
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Quebradillas, PR
Contact:

Postby Nodtveidt » Sun May 29, 2005 1:21 am

Vendetta? Hardly. I just have no respect for people who are two-faced. I don't like you for example, Plasma...and I'll tell you to your face that I don't like you. Fortunately, you don't like me either, and have no problems telling me off...in a strange sort of way, I find that respectable, so just like me, you're not two-faced...I simply don't like you because you've always been a complete asshat to me for no reason. Wildcard, on the other hand, will be friendly and civil to your face and then talk shit behind your back. I have zero respect for this kind of two-faced bullshit...never have and never will.

I am surprised at this kind of response though Plasma...just when I am beginning to believe that you are a complete jackass, you respond with something intelligent. I can respect that. :D

jbsonicx

This is from the same Nek who abandons Vplanet...

Postby jbsonicx » Sun May 29, 2005 4:59 am

Come on Nekrophidious, give wildcard a break. Everyone gets pissed at the qbasic community sometimes.

User avatar
Nodtveidt
Veteran
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Quebradillas, PR
Contact:

Postby Nodtveidt » Sun May 29, 2005 7:18 am

I gave him a break the last time he pulled this little stunt. I could almost understand why he decided to do it last time...it was a bit much for most anyone to handle. But this time? Sorry, but no...this time, not only was there no excuse, but it's now twice over petty issues...sorry, but I can't be so forgiving this time. He really needs to clean up his act. :(

Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun May 29, 2005 11:35 am

If anyone has ever been a "complete asshat" for no reason, it's you. Ever since you "returned" in 2003, you've done nothing but give the admins hell at QBN. It's quite obvious that what you wanted from the beginning was to get everyone to move to TBN. I'd like to know why. Power trip? Can't handle following the rules and playing nice with everyone else? What is it?

And don't talk to me about being two-faced. I know very well that you say lots of crap about me behind my back. I don't care what you say about me, but I'm not going to sit by and watch while you spread lies about other people too.

User avatar
Nodtveidt
Veteran
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Quebradillas, PR
Contact:

Postby Nodtveidt » Sun May 29, 2005 12:16 pm

I don't have to say shit about you behind your back, Plasma. You're just not around when I talk about you. You're a complete fork asshat and everyone knows I think that way about you. How is that two-faced, jackass?

TBN was originally formed out of a need for a safe haven away from the totalarians. It had nothing to do with boosting member counts. The community needed a place where people could go without fear of being shut up for voicing their opinions. We gave them that opportunity. And the people loved it. Why? Because it's what they wanted. I shut down TBN because its purpose was fulfilled. Now, it's needed again, so it's back. I think perhaps you're simply jealous because phatcode didn't get the insurgence of users that TBN did when wildcard decided to pull his latest masterpiece.

And spread lies about other people? Show me and the rest of the community these "lies". Back up your words here, Plasma...or are you too just blowing smoke out of your ass? I hate to inform you of this Plasma, but a lot of people agree...what wildcard has done is irrevocable. QBN carries a massive stain on its name now, one that may not be able to be cleaned off.

And I had plenty of reasons for, as you put it, being a complete asshat toward the admins of QBN back then. Those reasons have been outlaid many MANY times in the past, and even the admins themselves have come forward and admitted that we were right back then. Of course, that part isn't convenient for you, now is it? I guess you expect people to forget about it, right?

So since you know it all, why don't YOU explain what's going on, eh? Since you've got such an extensive knowledge of the way of the world, grace us with your eternal wisdom, eh Sage Plasma? Or are you just talking out your ass again? Put up or shut up.

And no...I don't play "nice", I play "fair". Major difference.

aetherfox

Postby aetherfox » Sun May 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Plasma, calm the fork down.

Firstly - you've been a dick to MANY people - myself included.

Secondly - about Nek giving hell to the admins at QBN - do you know how many more people were involved in that? Nek was targeted simply because he is easy to point fingers at as he is probably the most upfront, no-bullshit person I know.

I'd really love to hear some of the lies that Nek is spreading around, they sound juicy...and oh - nothing like Nek. Did I mention the above paragraph?

Just take a breath, calm down, and relax before you say something that will piss someone off.

Z!re
Veteran
Posts: 887
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

Postby Z!re » Sun May 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Uhm, plasma, actually, Nek wasnt even around QBN this time..
And if you have to point a finger it would probably be at me..


I got banned for, still, unknown reasons..

People started whining because of it..


Wildcard, acted like a 7yr old with a sandbox mentality and shut it all down.. a la "If I cant have it, noone should!"



And btw, where you even around for the show? No.. didnt think so..



So, counter question: ??? do you have against Nek?
I have left this dump.

Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun May 29, 2005 2:57 pm

Nekrophidius wrote:I don't have to say shit about you behind your back, Plasma. You're just not around when I talk about you. You're a complete fork asshat and everyone knows I think that way about you. How is that two-faced, jackass?


How old are you again? 15? I could have sworn somebody said you were almost 30. Oh well, it's the internet! If somebody doesn't agree with you, just insult them!

Nekrophidius wrote:TBN was originally formed out of a need for a safe haven away from the totalarians. It had nothing to do with boosting member counts. The community needed a place where people could go without fear of being shut up for voicing their opinions. We gave them that opportunity. And the people loved it. Why? Because it's what they wanted.


Right, those horrible, horrible admins at QBN who actually used to moderate the forum and maintain order. I'm sorry, but nobody fell for your play-the-victim act with AAP.

Nekrophidius wrote:I shut down TBN because its purpose was fulfilled. Now, it's needed again, so it's back.


Interesting. After shutting down TBN "forever" and taking your "permanent leave" to work on "other projects and plans", you're back. Why am I not surprised? Of course it's a good thing, since nobody else has the skills necessary to set up a forum! Thank you for saving us!

Nekrophidius wrote:I think perhaps you're simply jealous because phatcode didn't get the insurgence of users that TBN did when wildcard decided to pull his latest masterpiece.


Phat Code is and always will be a personal site. It isn't a community site and I never expected it to be one.

Nekrophidius wrote:And spread lies about other people? Show me and the rest of the community these "lies". Back up your words here, Plasma...or are you too just blowing smoke out of your ass? I hate to inform you of this Plasma, but a lot of people agree...what wildcard has done is irrevocable. QBN carries a massive stain on its name now, one that may not be able to be cleaned off.


Scroll up to your first post on this page.

Nekrophidius wrote:And I had plenty of reasons for, as you put it, being a complete asshat toward the admins of QBN back then. Those reasons have been outlaid many MANY times in the past, and even the admins themselves have come forward and admitted that we were right back then. Of course, that part isn't convenient for you, now is it? I guess you expect people to forget about it, right?


No, in fact I encourage anyone who disagrees with me to search through your old posts from Oct/Nov 2003 on QBN.

Nekrophidius wrote:So since you know it all, why don't YOU explain what's going on, eh? Since you've got such an extensive knowledge of the way of the world, grace us with your eternal wisdom, eh Sage Plasma? Or are you just talking out your ass again? Put up or shut up.


I believe I have already quite clearly explained what's "going on."

Nekrophidius wrote:And no...I don't play "nice", I play "fair". Major difference.


You play neither.

aetherfox wrote:Plasma, calm the fork down.


This is calm. You don't want to see me angry.

aetherfox wrote:Firstly - you've been a dick to MANY people - myself included.


The only time I recall being a "dick" to you is when you attacked me personally. I'm sorry for not laying down and letting you walk on me.

aetherfox wrote:Secondly - about Nek giving hell to the admins at QBN - do you know how many more people were involved in that? Nek was targeted simply because he is easy to point fingers at as he is probably the most upfront, no-bullshit person I know.


Nek was the reason QBN shut down the first time in 2003.

aetherfox wrote:I'd really love to hear some of the lies that Nek is spreading around, they sound juicy...and oh - nothing like Nek. Did I mention the above paragraph?


Again, scroll up to his first post on this page.

aetherfox wrote:Just take a breath, calm down, and relax before you say something that will piss someone off.


The truth hurts sometimes.

Z!re wrote:Uhm, plasma, actually, Nek wasnt even around QBN this time..
And if you have to point a finger it would probably be at me..


I am well aware of that. Which is why it's the perfect opportunity for him to re-launch TBN, even though he's a very busy man with many other responsibilities and a child on the way.

Z!re wrote:I got banned for, still, unknown reasons..
People started whining because of it..


I don't know why you were banned, but maybe it might have something to do with personally attacking the mods right after they posted a message about personal attacks? There are other ways to get your message across.

Z!re wrote:Wildcard, acted like a 7yr old with a sandbox mentality and shut it all down.. a la "If I cant have it, noone should!"


The internet is not a democracy. If people are going to be complete idiots and not even try to be civil, why should wildcard waste his time and money for you?

Z!re wrote:And btw, where you even around for the show? No.. didnt think so..


I can read.

Z!re wrote:So, counter question: ??? do you have against Nek?


To summarize:

1. Constantly giving the QBN admins hell and then blaming them when they become stressed out
2. Personal attacks and insults when somebody doesn't agree with him
3. Outright lying about people to benefit himself


I don't like singling people out. I wanted to stay out of this whole thing. But I've had enough of Nek and his lies about wildcard and QBN.

aetherfox

Postby aetherfox » Sun May 29, 2005 3:28 pm

Honestly I think quote wars are childish, so I'm going to spare everyone.

Just a few things:

The reason you aren't going to find anything that proves what Nek is saying is true is because it was all deleted by admins. The entire AAP caliber compo thread was deleted as I remember.

I really don't want to go back down that road, but AAP crossed many lines, and by what I guess was some serious asskissing, he didn't get the warnings he should have got.

And for the record - Nek, Rhia, TBBQ, Nathan and I were all part of the major downplay of QBN in 2003 - Get your fork facts straight before you start quoting everyone.

Speaking of which - 'busy man with a child coming...' is probably the lamest excuse for a comeback/insult/whatever I have ever seen.

I am done with this.


Return to “Pete's QB Site News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests