QB Express #29 NEEDS submissions!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #29 NEEDS submissions!

Post by Pete »

QB Express is in desperate need of submissions!

For issue #29, I have received only THREE articles so far. That's not nearly enough to put together an issue. I need YOUR help to make this next issue live up to the usual QB Express standard.

We need everything. Tutorials, Game Reviews, Editorials, News Briefs -- you name it. If it's QB or FB related, send it our way!

DEADLINE: Sunday, June 29th

As always, you can email your submissions to: qbexpress@gmail.com

Thanks!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I hope to have a tech-release ready tonight (my tonight) of QBinux. I'll write some about that.

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

As usual I have more incomplete project updates. Haven't done much on any of the games (aside from some music for STRPG) but probably the biggest update is to Generations. It's somewhat interactive now and farther down on the page you'll see what's been added, changed, and planned.
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
nkk_kan
Veteran

Post by nkk_kan »

I recently completed my game "Explode"

you can find stuff about it here

http://nkk.phatcode.net/explode.html
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Just TWO MORE DAYS to get your submissions in!

We've gotten very few articles so far, and we need a whole lot more. Tutorials, reviews, articles, news briefs, you name it... every little bit helps.

Email your stuff to: qbexpress@gmail.com

Thanks!
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

Aww man..

Post by Kiyotewolf »

Dang it.. I just got new dial up and also been insanely busy moving friends out of one house into another..

o.o

Let me see if I can slap together something useful in the next 30 minutes.. It's still 11:29PM here..

Kiyote!
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

That's noble of you (trying to get something in by midnight exactly), but I'll still accept submissions up until the moment that the issue comes out!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Pete, you got my mail?
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

In the Matrix..

Post by Kiyotewolf »

If Qbasic was part of the Matrix, what would it look like? Would it be a person? or a place? or.. something else? or an Agent???

I wonder..

<.<

>.>

Oh crap.. squiddies all over the place.. gotta fly..

Kiyote!
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

What if the Matrix was programmed in QB?
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

Matrix Qbasic style

Post by Kiyotewolf »

If the Matrix was based on QBasic, from the 70's and 80's, we might have Neo running around in a Leisure Suit, and bell bottoms on Morpheous.. and Trinity wearing something quite different.. Leather yes, but probably brown leather instead, and more bling bling..

I could see Morpheous, Neo, and crew running around and blowing things up like the A-Team..

o.O'

What else.. oh.. the robot city would have real Transformers in it..

and....

They would have Kool-Aid and Jello in the ship galley instead of Tasty Wheat.

Kiyote!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Here's their wheels...

ImageImage

"In 1972 a hack commando unit was sent to prison by a alien court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Zion underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

The A-Team are:

Morpheus
Neo "Faceman"
"Howling Mad" Mouse
Trinity
Apoc
Cypher
Switch

Wanted by Agent Smith
Robots: Transformers

Not complete but fun: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UvHMDmuDFfE
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

Funny Stuff

Post by Kiyotewolf »

This is too funny.. This thread should almost be made into a comic for the magazine..

XD

** falls over laughing **

What would be even more funny, was if Neo waited until Saturday mornings to do his missions..........

Kiyote!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

We could make a satire on it with voice-overs.
I've seen cool ones on YouTube... So we could give it a try.
PM me and see if we can make it happen!