Moderators: Pete, Mods

NEWK

Rest in Peace QB Express!! :(

Post by NEWK »

:cry: We hardly knew ye! :cry:
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

I don't think this the end, just that Pete is extremely busy currently.
Imortis
Veteran

Post by Imortis »

Yeah. Stop fear mungering.
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Yeah. If that happens ever that Pete got to give up for QBE, he tells it. As far as i see, he havent sayd anything like that, so we just wait till he has more time. 8)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

This is why I haven't been able to work on QB Express the last few months:

http://www.wroctv.com/news/story.asp?id=24982

My reality show. Watch the video, it's pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I wasn't around to be interviewed, but when they say "one student's senior project," they're referring to me.

Now I have over 100 hours of footage to edit down into five episodes by the end of the semester!

QB Express will come, but I've got to tell you, "The Race" is my baby, and "Unicorn Boy" (my cartoon) is my second child. QB Express right now is my red-headed stepchild -- still a priority, but at the bottom of the list. I've just got too many projects going on at once, and I have to choose what's most important to me.
NEWK

I'm sorry.

Post by NEWK »

Whoa. I didn't know you were that busy. I just assumed that since there hadn't been one for months, that you had given up long ago. I wasn't "fear mongering". I loved reading that magazine. I thought there wasn't going to be anymore QB Express, so I was just saying how much that sucked. Sorry to cause some alarm. (Please don't hate me!)
Imortis
Veteran

Post by Imortis »

Oh, it's too late for that... I still hate you... :lol:
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Pete wrote:......
QB Express will come, but I've got to tell you, "The Race" is my baby, and "Unicorn Boy" (my cartoon) is my second child. QB Express right now is my red-headed stepchild -- still a priority, but at the bottom of the list. I've just got too many projects going on at once, and I have to choose what's most important to me.
Pete,
Some time ago, someone suggested that you share the burden of QB Express with others. At the time, we were all against the idea, since you are the driving force of the magazine. Now, based on your heavy workload, it might not be such a bad idea after all. You could still control it, but pass some of the tasks over to a team. Might work. What do you think?

Regards..... Moneo
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Yeah. first it was monthly issue, then it was nearly considered as every second month issue and now it looks like few times of year issue.
Alltho, its your magazine so who the hell im saying anything about it.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

The offer to help I made back then, still stands, if needed. :-).

But yes, the choice is yours, and I do remember the reasons you brought up back then against the idea were pretty good ones.

Looking at the situation, which changed today with the extra burdens of life you now have, perhaps the idea, today, would atleast make it possible to issue a new QBE atleast on a more regular basis (even if every two months) it's still much better than ever 6 months :-).

It's up to you though :-)...just let the ones you want to help you out know :-)
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I really appreciate the offers for help, guys!

In the past, I've been very resistant to pass off the responsibility of running the magazine to other people. The main reason is that I'm a perfectionist and I am never completely satisfied with other people's work. I'm also a very poor delegator -- I find that it usually takes more time explaining to other people how to help me than it takes for me to just do the job myself.

So I always end up doing everything myself...and it's not always the best situation for me... You guys should have seen me on "The Race" when I pulled FIVE ALL-NIGHTERS IN A ROW to make the shoot happen. I made over 500 phone calls over a five day span, and had to micro-manage nearly 50 people for the show to work. By the end, I was a total wreck. I was completely out of my mind, so hopped up on Energy Drinks and caffine and pure adrenaline...At one point, I had heart palpitations and the shakes, and I was having a tough time breathing because of how much pressure I was under.

But now I'm seeing that's not the best way to get things done. It works because I make it work, but it takes quite a toll on me, and I'm not able to keep up with the other 5 million projects I create for myself.

So yes, you all are right, it is time to pass off some responsibility on QB Express.

What I could really use help with is NEWS BRIEFS. News Briefs take the longest of any section in QB Express, and I've never gotten enough news brief submissions that the bulk of the work hasn't fallen squarely on my shoulders. Also, the news briefs I get emailed in (with the exception of MystikShadows') tend to be poorly written, not formatted correctly, lacking images, or just a pain to work with. If any of you could go search out news stories and report on them for me, in proper format, that would be incredible. Email them to pberg1@gmail.com And to prevent duplicates, whenever you send in a news brief, make a post in this thread so someone else doesn't do it. Include pictures / screenshots WHEREVER possible!

I'll post some more about how you can help in a bit. I have to go off and record some song parodies for a sketch comedy show I work on.
NEWK

Post by NEWK »

Oh, it's too late for that... I still hate you...
Oh come on. I didn't mean it that way. You over reacted. You think I was trying to be an ass, when I was actualy trying to be the exact opposite. I was expressing sadness because I thought that QB Express was gone, and now I've learned that it's not. Cut me some slack please.

It's no reason to hate me. Grow up. Please.
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

Quote:
Oh, it's too late for that... I still hate you...

Oh come on. I didn't mean it that way. You over reacted. You think I was trying to be an ass, when I was actualy trying to be the exact opposite. I was expressing sadness because I thought that QB Express was gone, and now I've learned that it's not. Cut me some slack please.

It's no reason to hate me. Grow up. Please.
I think the emoticon ( :lol: ) means that he was joking.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

NEWK wrote:
Cut me some slack please.
Is there a book somewhere on how to do that? I've heard the expression for a long while now...is there a rope involved to cut some slack? ;-).

NEWK I think you made your point clear in your last post and explained whatever needed explaining (though for some reason I read the other post as you meant it and saw nothing wrong with it) so everyone reads the same post with very different sets of eyes it seems hehe). :-). I'll cut off all the slack you need ;-). No problemo ;-).
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Imortis
Veteran

Post by Imortis »

Yeah. The smiley meant I was joking. I don't hate you... Heck, I don't even know you. Sorry if I was misunderstood.