Uploading new versions

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

RayBritton
Veteran

Uploading new versions

Post by RayBritton »

Hi, is there a way to upload and replace an older version of a program on this site
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Nope
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

Damn
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

pm to Pete. I dont think "updating" is imbossible :wink:
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

It is impossable to delete your old one... I think if someone would like to code it so you can delete it, then fine with me.

EDIT: I mean it would probably be fine with pete.
... or guest or ????

Post by ... or guest or ???? »

how do i contact pete then?
have anyone ever deleted?
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

One of my codes: BA-SIC MU-SIC II,.. I later found a serious bug in it... I uploaded the new one, and PMed Pete to tell him that the bugged one should be removed so no1 gets the broken 1 by accedent.... Thus he did the next day... :wink:

Easy, find one of his post and hit the PM button on the status bar (As shown below).. Or goto member list and do it there... he's on page one at the top... :wink:

________\/\/\/\/ PM Button.... PM = Privite Message :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
... or guest or ????

Post by ... or guest or ???? »

can i still pm if i didn't register here?
anyways, what are the costs and advantages of registering?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

It costs nothing to register and registering allows you to have your own account to which you can send PMs from and set an avatar, etc all kinds of fun stuff. If only Pete would REQUIRE memberships here, there'd be far fewer spam attackers...HINT HINT HINT HINT!
paulunknown

Post by paulunknown »

hey i figured something out
you don't need to upload the newer version.
if you don't save as and didn't move it anywhere on your computer, the older version uploaded changes
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Nekrophidius wrote:It costs nothing to register and registering allows you to have your own account to which you can send PMs from and set an avatar, etc all kinds of fun stuff. If only Pete would REQUIRE memberships here, there'd be far fewer spam attackers...HINT HINT HINT HINT!
The Spam attacks come thru the news poster on the main page of this site.... Posted under the QBNews account, thus, requiring memberships wont stop it.... And I thought it was known that Pete likes to leave it open for everyone to use with out worring about regersting...

Btw, you can also contact him at: pberg1@gmail.com

:wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

yeah, im with ratt. it annoys me when a noobie programmer is trying to learn c++ and can do anthing in 3 weeks, but i have to register to tell him about FB. Really, I spread the work about FB whereever i can.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Nekrophidius wrote:It costs nothing to register and registering allows you to have your own account to which you can send PMs from and set an avatar, etc all kinds of fun stuff. If only Pete would REQUIRE memberships here, there'd be far fewer spam attackers...HINT HINT HINT HINT!
The spam attacks are not posted through PHPBB. They're posted through the News Database CGI script (Coranto), which in turn makes a PHPBB post of the news item under the bot username "QB News." Requiring registration on the forums would not solve any spam problems.
paulunknown

Post by paulunknown »

i don't get what you guys mean by spam attacks