W-UX Fake OS or SHELL for FreeDOS.

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

woodhead

W-UX Fake OS or SHELL for FreeDOS.

Post by woodhead »

I'm programming little unix like Fake OS called W-UX. It's my third version of all of mine unix like fake os's. I have already sent one of these (windox) to reviewed at sepent: http://sepent.com/prog/basic/bguios/osr ... ?id=windox but i lost all of mine sources of windox so i needed to start programming totally beginning. And now i think that i call that fake os with name W-UX (what do you like about that name?).

So i think that i need some help for making simple install program for my fake os or shell (or whatever you wan't to call it... :lol: ).

I want that it have own file extension like rpm or deb wich haves some files inside and that program install thems to right places...

For example:
I have one myprogram.myextension and i give command "install myprogram.myextension" and it looks that file have myprog.exe, myprog.001 and myprog.002 files inside so it copies myprog.exe to /usr/bin, myprog.001 to /etc and myprog.002 to /usr/man.

I already talked about that in one of finnish biggest quickbasic programming site, but they doesn't really helped me. :lol:

Sorry my english...

Post by guest »

www.clickteam.com has a nice FREE installer...and patch maker
woodhead

Post by woodhead »

I didn't really meant that.. i meant that i need program to my FOS so user can easily install programs. I want very same like program as rpm (rpm -i program.rpm).

Example:
user gives command:
"install progr.ext"
install program opens progr.ext and moves all files what there would be (.exe,.001,.002 etc..) to their own places.

.exe goes /usr/bin (c:\usr\bin)
.001 goes /etc (c:\etc)
.002 goes /usr/man (c:\usr\man)
etc..

Sorry my english...
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Aka a simple database utility, where you can stash multiple files and preserve their relative paths in a single file.

Too bad you're using QB, we at plantasy made such a program a while ago, available for free.. it's freebasic, and thus 32bit though...
I have left this dump.
woodhead

Post by woodhead »

Here's newest screenshot of W-UX:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6818/wux1qm.jpg
-Uptime command is in finnish so here's all what those strange words means :D :
p?iv?? = days
tuntia = hours
minuuttia = minutes
sekuntia = seconds

and whole FOS with sources founds here:
http://jumbo66.adsl.netsonic.fi/jussi/ohjelmat/wux.zip

Root's password is "proball" without "-characters. I have some bad or not so bad problems with adduser command because always when i give command adduser ja give password for new user there comes error "Extended Error 183". Everything still works, but that's still very unwanted text and if somebody find outs where's the problem then i'm really interested to hear that :)

Also mine chmod command needs some fix because now i need put command like this "chmod -r echoroot" if i want remove executing rights of echo from root and "chmod -a echoroot" if i want add executing rights of echo for root. I want that chmod works like "chmod -r echo root" or "chmod -a echo root", but i don't know how... or then i don't just get it (too tired or excited because schools starts and i moved to new school :lol: )

I also need some help with making new manual-pages in english because i have real bad english (IMO).
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Your english isn't that bad! Just make it have have someone proofread it for you... and are you going to make an english translation?