make antivirus in qb and batch

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

iamdenteddisk
Veteran

make antivirus in qb and batch

Post by iamdenteddisk »

hi I am wanting to learn how to get a hexdump of file names in qb, working with the hex data info too, I came across a roll your own antivirus in batch video on youtube, it works pretty good and all but uses text file names, i would like to use a hexdump of the file to compare. i also have developed a bunch more on the philosophy of making antivirus with online research but am now seeking info on how to do it in quickbasic 4.5. and maybe also in batch.

i really needed a good project to get back into using qb again, this is my attempt at that, any help would be appreciated and I am willing to share the finished code for the help!

edit*

ok so I have seen what the youtube community offers for making AV in batch, I do understand what they are doing offers a way to protect from "text virus" which from my research can be defined as an un-parse-able string. which i surmised from looking at the offered Eicar AV test file.

I think that is brilliant, but to that i would like to also do hex dump or binary dump file $$$ of known virus to identify any on a machine. with the virus definitions, i had planned to host those on my dropbox account that i would up date periodically..

now to that I want to add a method of code profiling as well as file profiling I devised, both are a simple method of data mining of a programs content and attributes.

I have just a few questions on passing arg's to and from batch/basic then i also want to get interrupts working on my system also..

any help or new ideas for this project to share would be great?