Quite the unusual (but interesting) question

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Faena

Quite the unusual (but interesting) question

Post by Faena »

Alright, this may be a question you have never seen before, and I don't know if it's even possible.. But here goes.

As an hommage to my father who has passed away 16 years ago, I want to tattoo a few lines of code in QBASIC. I chose for this unusual design because I am the only one in the family that is a fellow geek. I never knew my father, I was 3 when he passed away, so programming is the only link I have with him (no one else is into computers here).

I really want to get this right, though, so that's why I'm asking for help instead of writing a bunch of code that is dead wrong.

I guess the best way to explain what I mean is to tell it in some kind of story-form.. (Don't laugh if it doesn't make any sense)

What I want is a few lines that represent my mom and dad getting together, having two daughters (arrays?), then my dad getting sick and eventually dying (you can symbolize that however you seem fit.. I seriously wouldn't know), and then
maybe a function called "love" that just loops infinitely.

I know this is the weirdest question ever, and it takes a lot of creativity.. But I hope someone is up to the task. It would be cool if a little in-depth explanation could be added.. So I actually understand what it all means.

Many thanks to whoever can crack this case for me.. Your code will forever be on my body ;)