Brute Force Hacking...

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

rileyil77

Brute Force Hacking...

Post by rileyil77 »

I have an old DOS Program that hasn't been supported since 2002. The company that created it went out of business in May of 2002. The program is an old DOS BBS Program, and without being registered will not accept any caller except the SysOp.

I was going to use a batch file to brute crack it, however a friend said I could write the program in QBasic using less lines.

The first thing this BBS Registering Program does is ask the question:
What is the SysOp or BBS Name?

So far my brute force hacking program, PB22HACK does is this:

PB22HACK.BAS:

PRINT "This is the ProBoard for DOS Brute Force Hacking programming!"
INPUT "What is the SysOp or BBS Name?", sysop$
END

The registering program is actually called REGISTER.EXE
The ALPHANUMERIC Codes REGISTER.EXE uses are 26 Letters and 10 numbers. REGISTER.EXE can't tell the difference between a small letter or a capitol letter.

The serial code format is alphanumeric: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"
The activation code format is alphanumeric: "XXXX-XXXX"

If you enter the wrong serial code you press enter twice to return to the box where you enter the serial code again.

I'm actually wanting my program to take sysop$ and store it in a LOG file. Then I need my code to call REGISTER.EXE and automate it. The first thing REGISTER.EXE does is ask, Do you want to register? Yes or No. Pressing enter or hitting Y sends REGISTER.EXE to the place where REGISTER.EXE ask the user for the SysOp or BBS Name? My code now needs to send sysop$ to this program and type it into REGISTER.EXE and press enter. Then it ask the user what is your serial number?

The serial code format is alphanumeric: "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

The program if you enter the wrong serial code tells you to press enter to continue. Then again press enter to continue where it returns you to the waiting for serial number.

The whole time PB22HACK is logging the serial codes it is trying. Once it comes to the activation process which I've never seen PB22HACK then should flag the log file in some way to mark the last serial code tried and then exit.

Can anyone help me do this?

I have tried to crack the BBS program using Turbo DeBug or Insight (A program like SoftIce, but works in WinXP Console)by Serial Sniffing, but since I'm not a programmer with more then a BASIC knowledge of PRINT "HELLO WORLD" END knowledge, I have no idea what I'm looking at. LOL!
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

We don't hack programs here. It is not your program if you don't know the password.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
rileyil77

Post by rileyil77 »

burger2227 wrote:We don't hack programs here. It is not your program if you don't know the password.
Cool. I just figured since it was abandonware, and I'm the only one supporting it in the BBS world it wouldn't matter if I had away for new SysOps to register such a great BBS package. Thanks though. I will figure out how to get my QBasic Program to do the 2 or 3 other things I need it to do. Thanks again.