anarky's plagiarism

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

inv78

anarky's plagiarism

Post by inv78 »

Hi,

Googling around, I came across QB Express Issue 9 from 2005
( www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue9/index.html )
which had a Space Invaders remake competition.

The entry from anarky ("This traditional Space Invaders clone by anarky looks and feels just like the original 1978 arcade game by Taito...") was, sad to say, not his own work at all but simply my own QB program from 1996, which lives here: www.netadelica.com coding inv78

He changed the readme.txt and the comment header in the .bas file to attribute the game to himself, but otherwise the code is unchanged.

I don't mind in the slightest, but in the interest of fairness and accuracy thought I would point it out. Blatant cheating is, after all, blatant cheating.

Nice site by the way - wish it had been around when I was into QB :-)

Cheers.

* URL edited by Mod Ted
FotonCat

Post by FotonCat »

What you've faced with, is the dark side of LGPL and other Open Source licenses - unpunished theft. If you don't want your projects to be stealed and published under the stealer's name, DO NOT PUBLISH ANY SOURCES OF YOUR PROJECTS!!!
FotonCat Soft
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

It is ONE thing to use the code and tell your friends that you made it.

It is another to POST it as yours to the general public! It reflects badly on the magazine too!

We shouldn't have to check people for honesty, but really, what would you expect from some dude named "ANARKY"?

Cat's reaction is EXACTLY what I don't want! The free exchange of code ideas is the FOUNDATION of this community. I don't want to lose that!

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0