EGA to SVGA improvement

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Frengo6

EGA to SVGA improvement

Post by Frengo6 »

Hi guys,
I am a new member of this community, i write from Italy.
I have a question: in my company I am trying to improve a supervision software written in quickbasic 4.5. In particular, my actual project is to leave the old EGA screen and use a SVGA graphic mode. I downloaded some libraries from the web (FL35 from Future Software and svgaqb25 from Zephyr). I think I will try to substitute the old EGA routines with the new one, but my question is: which library is better? Are there any different solution for my project (e.g. using a different language compatible to QB4.5)?
Thank you for your replies!
FotonCat

Post by FotonCat »

You can use FreeBasic to get the full SVGA graphics support with all Windows features.
FotonCat Soft
Frengo6

Post by Frengo6 »

Thank you.
I have never used FreeBASIC; is it compatible with QB45? if not, will I have to make many changes to my actual sw?
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

I have everything you need already

Post by Kiyotewolf »

I have done that and more already.

Msg me using email and I will share what I have.

Kiyote!

kiyotewolf@gmail.com
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.