Sort of new here!

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Morpheus

Sort of new here!

Post by Morpheus »

8) I was wondering how to make a star field background for a game. Sort of like in WinXp screensaver. But i think i would like to go left to right as apposed to coming towards or away from the viewer. Although both ways would be interesting to use and understand.

Also i wanted to ask if anybody ever heard of PixePlus (pp256.exe i think)
I had a copy of this but my hard drive died about 6 wks ago. I finally got a new one last night and formatted and installed WinXp. So far so good. Plus i wanted to ask, is PixelPlus good to use when creating games or not, the demo looked really neat.

I would also like to say thank you to the community. I am kind of new here, but i am not scared. I just want to learn how to program and eventually get really good at it. Maybe someday go to school for it, don't know yet. There is so much information on this web site its cool!

Oh and i believe it has been Ten years since Pete created this site, then let me congradulate you on a job well done. Happy Birthday Pete'sqbsite.com, i like it and will be back to read more articles. Not to mention saw some really nice game demos in #23 with Qlympics 2006.

Very nice, Thank you and Good Day!
KDAG
Coder

Ohhhh, fresh blood....

Post by KDAG »

:D I just wanted to say welcome to the community!

I hope you find lots of help and advice here. We look forward to seeing your up and coming programs...

As for your questions, I can't be much help about Pixel Plus but, there is a starfield demo here:

http://www.kkuzba.com/links/qbsrc/qbsrc.html

Once again, warm welcome, hope to see you around,
KDAG :mrgreen:
T'lon Nanaki
Coder

Post by T'lon Nanaki »

to be curtious I start with welcome,

as for the question, a 2d starfield can be made by placeing the positions (and brightness if you wanted) into an array and then call a sub to place them and move them (i'd use either pset for single points, or line for a "warp" effect).

my thought of how this would be placed inside a loop could look something like this:

do
call stars
>other graphics here<
>the rest of the program here<
loop

this is not a full how-to, that part is up to you.
hope that was some-what helpfull and good luck
carpe diem!