Problem with QuickBasic 7.1

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

TmEE
Veteran

Post by TmEE »

This problem is XP issue. You can probably get it working if you use only English keyboard settings.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

there is a simpler way... if you use an english version of XP but another keyboard layout... use

Code: Select all

chcp (code)
in

Code: Select all

CMD
  • 437 = UK/US
    850 = Multilangual (Latin)
If you need more, let me know.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

No, not entirely. Our friend uses a Croatian-keyboard layout and a English version of Windows XP. Therefore, for some odd reason, his DOS-environment uses the codepage 437 as a standard, which gives him a US keyboard layout. When changing this to 850, his problem is solved, because DOS (CMD if you prefere) then recognizes the keyboard layout.

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Bet he don't come back. He posted at Network 54 too.

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

He started to program with Basic again so he might, or he might not. Atleast his problem is solved and he was happy with it...
ReiKo.cry
Coder

Post by ReiKo.cry »

Ofcourse I will be back... if it didn't work I woud be back anyway.
Big thanks to McClouth, we did solve this problem in no-time, in fact it was very weird but so simple to fix.
And registry editing solve it permenetly.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Just for the record:
Due to solving this problem, I got my UK-based laptop stuck to pagetable 850... that's nice when you get faces and stuff in your program...

lol