Finding GXSTB graphic library

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

ukoda

Finding GXSTB graphic library

Post by ukoda »

Hi folks. I'm trying to update software for an old QuickBasic application but I'm having building the project. It has an include statement for the file 'gxstb.bas' which I have but it appears it's only really a header file so I'm guessing there should be a related library file such as gxstb.qlb. This library appears to offer multimedia support such as VGA graphics and FLC animations etc. My guess is the original programmer had install a support package but omitted to provide those files the customer with the reset of the source code. Has anyone heard of this package and maybe knows where I can get it from?

Thanks in advance :-)
burger2227
Veteran

QLB

Post by burger2227 »

It is probably one created by a programmer for his own or limited use.

I found nothing in Google, so how did you find the name? Is it used in an $INCLUDE statement or what?

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
ukoda

Post by ukoda »

Yea, I found it via an $INCLUDE statement. I also found nothing with Google either, hence my post. I dug thru the source code and found some calls related to the included code. A search on them leads me to believe the original developer was using a multimedia tool kit from a company call Genus Microprogramming. However they don't seem to have a online presence post 1995 so while a phone number appears to exist I suspect that they are no longer in the business and I may have trouble sourcing their product. No one is selling it online.

It's looking like the customer my have to abandon QuickBasic and rewrite the app with a new tool chain.