IMAGE - TEXT?

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Sinuvoid
Veteran

IMAGE - TEXT?

Post by Sinuvoid »

How would I go about doing that?
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I use as much time to solve this as you spend time to tell what is your problem.

IMAGE - TEXT = CANADA
burger2227
Veteran

Woman - Man. How do I do that?

Post by burger2227 »

LOL EK, you catch on quick!
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

LMAO! Nice one :P All I asked is how would I go about turning Images into ASCII, if it was a problem I'd tell yeahs :D
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Image to ASCII converter? What image format? There is some converters made for QB for this purpose.
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

Well, BMP would be easiest. But PNG would be the best (maybe also GIF)
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

You could do a search on Google, I've tried some online ones.
What you need to do then is, figure out how their stuff works and make one yourself...
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

kk thanks clouth 8)
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Here is a list of some great img2ascii converters http://ascii-world.wikidot.com/ascii-tools
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

When is anybody gonna just give up on Lee? Hopeless and clueless at responses. EK you had it right the first time!

Actually bitmaps are converted using ASCII characters already in the file!

I can make a bitmap of any QB screen. Text and even in games!

Ted
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

Whoa,ok that's something new :P

btw,this is a help forum,why would you give up on people who are asking for help?!?! :?
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Lee wrote:kk thanks clouth 8)
It's McClouth 8) thx.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
burger2227
Veteran

Why?

Post by burger2227 »

Why give up? Because it seems that you do not put a lot of time into your questions! Also you do not check your code for simple errors! So we are left trying to guess all of the time.

Try to explain EXACTLY what you need and how you would like to accomplish something. If you have problems, don't just simply post your code for us to fix for you. Tell us what errors you get also! I already have a ton of other peoples code that I have corrected so I don't run everything posted in a question.

Syntax errors are YOUR problem, not ours!

Ted
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Hamburger told it in a hars way but i agree with him in general level.
If you dont even use time to explain problems so we can understand them with out multiple "what you mean" questions, you frustrate us and we dont like to help anymore.

There are few things peoples should know.
1. No one of us gets anything except enjoy of helping here.
2. If you dont try to explain your problem in best way you can, why we should help you in best way we can?
3. If you have a huge (hundreds lines long) code, then strip non-needed parts out of it and post only the problem lines. It is highly frustrating when you see 120 lines long code and problem is PINT "HELLO" at line 111.

Noobs does ask noobs questions. Tiny and even silly problems comes for sure. Just keep on goin and if some more experienced gets pissed for you, just keep on coding and learning.
But remember, quality of your questions earns responses of same quality from us.

We dont bite, dont worry, but we might bark time to time ;)
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

ok, I get whats you's are saying, and im sorry :) But what I asked on THIS topic was how would I go about creating a image to ASCII converter. The only one who got ht equestion was Mclouth :P But thanks for pointing out m yflaw in my question though :)
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Lee wrote:The only one who got ht equestion was Mclouth
This the part where I once again have to say it's McClouth, but I'll forgive you. It's not your everyday name.

I was just trying to help, just like my fellow coders here in the 'Matrix.'
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

xD
burger2227
Veteran

HARS EK?

Post by burger2227 »

Perhaps you meant HARSH? Now I can see why Roy calls you the:

"The Pain in the Arse!" :P

I told it like it is! Why beat around the Bush? Lee has just posted another question! So I nominate Lee as "Itch in the Arse", if Roy approves. (the Queen is the one telling me to STFU lol)

Did you find what you needed Lee? I STILL don't know what you are actually trying to do, but you shure liven up this place by saying nothing!

Still "King!"

Ted
Last edited by burger2227 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sinuvoid
Veteran

Post by Sinuvoid »

LMAO, first it was Queen, now itch XD. I now nominate YOU as the,"Arse Lord" :P