need some 3d help

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
momoguru

need some 3d help

Post by momoguru »

okay... ive decided to work on a wireframe tank game like battlezone. im doing this in pure qb so no libs. the way i have it set up is i load an external file that holds POINTS and LINES, the points are just x,y,z cords and the lines connect the points using an array. i have everything working like i want except i cant figure out how to make my camera turn 360 degrees. i can move the cam up down left right and in and out, but i can figure out how to do the rotations.

can one of u 3d gurus point me in the right direction. if i need to post my code i will, but i think a general explaination will be enough to figure this out.

thanx in advance :)
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

If you want to learn from a true 3D guru, check out these:

http://rel.betterwebber.com/

Go to the tutorials section :P
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

well here are some guys that took battlezone over "so to speak"
with a freeware version of it "TWEAKED" of course...

massivly 3D now...i liked it better back around
1.7 but the 2.08 can be pertty nifty...

http://bzflag.org/screenshots/

bzflag.org

bz meaning battle zone with flags...

its open source so you can raid thier coding all you want...
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

I've been playing BZflag for about a year, and I must say it's a pain to compile. I don't know how many people here can use a CVS and compile code making sure to get all the needed packages from around the net. . .
momoguru

Post by momoguru »

yeah, ive been looking at rel's tuts and i still dont know how to get the camera rotations. if anyone has seen this anywhere, source or tutorials, please let me know where i can find it... im really stumped on this
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

Well the camera rotates because you move all the lines depending on the camera's rotation. If you have MSN, YIM, or AIM let me know and I'll help you out.

I can give you some really basic programs that show what's going on.

MSN: TheAdventMaster@cox.net

Everything else I think is completely blocked, so you may have to give me your info.
momoguru

Post by momoguru »

i found an old 3d wireframe demo from te classic qbasic.com site. ive been looking at the code and plan on figuring it out tonight if i get some time. i will find u on aim if i can and show u what i have going. thanx for the help, ill be sure to add u in the credits when its done.