need some 3d help

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

momoguru

need some 3d help

Post by momoguru »

okay... ive decided to work on a wireframe tank game like battlezone. im doing this in pure qb so no libs. the way i have it set up is i load an external file that holds POINTS and LINES, the points are just x,y,z cords and the lines connect the points using an array. i have everything working like i want except i cant figure out how to make my camera turn 360 degrees. i can move the cam up down left right and in and out, but i can figure out how to do the rotations.

can one of u 3d gurus point me in the right direction. if i need to post my code i will, but i think a general explaination will be enough to figure this out.

thanx in advance :)
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

If you want to learn from a true 3D guru, check out these:

http://rel.betterwebber.com/

Go to the tutorials section :P
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

well here are some guys that took battlezone over "so to speak"
with a freeware version of it "TWEAKED" of course...

massivly 3D now...i liked it better back around
1.7 but the 2.08 can be pertty nifty...

http://bzflag.org/screenshots/

bzflag.org

bz meaning battle zone with flags...

its open source so you can raid thier coding all you want...
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

I've been playing BZflag for about a year, and I must say it's a pain to compile. I don't know how many people here can use a CVS and compile code making sure to get all the needed packages from around the net. . .
momoguru

Post by momoguru »

yeah, ive been looking at rel's tuts and i still dont know how to get the camera rotations. if anyone has seen this anywhere, source or tutorials, please let me know where i can find it... im really stumped on this
Pritchard
Coder

Post by Pritchard »

Well the camera rotates because you move all the lines depending on the camera's rotation. If you have MSN, YIM, or AIM let me know and I'll help you out.

I can give you some really basic programs that show what's going on.

MSN: TheAdventMaster@cox.net

Everything else I think is completely blocked, so you may have to give me your info.
momoguru

Post by momoguru »

i found an old 3d wireframe demo from te classic qbasic.com site. ive been looking at the code and plan on figuring it out tonight if i get some time. i will find u on aim if i can and show u what i have going. thanx for the help, ill be sure to add u in the credits when its done.