Millionaire

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

jr1212

Millionaire

Post by jr1212 »

I have to write Who wants to be a millionaire for class, we didn't go over everything though and I don't understand it that well.
Can someone help me with the locate command, I have to get the millionaire scoreboard on the right side of the screen of course with the progress highlighted.
I also don't know how tp draw the graphics for this, I got the mouse driver on my own...can someone please help me?
Theophage
Coder

Post by Theophage »

Well, here is an example the locate command:

LOCATE row, column
COLOR 10
PRINT "Blah, blah, blah"

Where row is a row on the screen from 1 to 25 and column is a column from 1 to 80 (I think it's 80 column text, isn't it?)

The other two statements change the printing color to bright green (the color can be from 0 to 15) and print the text "Blah, blah, blah" at the row and column you want.

Everytime you want to print something at a specific location (other than just the next line down) you must use a LOCATE statement.

As for graphics, you don't need graphics; just use keyboard characters and colors. For interesting characters, look up the CHR$ function in the QBASIC help, and look at all the characters there.
Daniel "Theophage" Clark
theophage (at) geocities (dot) com

"God used to be my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I had to eat Him..."
jr1212

Post by jr1212 »

Thanks a lot man