HOW TO READ FILE IN .DOC?

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

horusmire

HOW TO READ FILE IN .DOC?

Post by horusmire »

HOW TO READ FILES IN .DOC? THANKS
i like qb
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

Microsoft Word, Wordpad
horusmire

Re: HOW TO READ FILE IN .DOC(in qb45\xp)?

Post by horusmire »

horusmire wrote:HOW TO READ FILES IN .DOC? (in qb45(xp))THANKS
i like qb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

2 ways:

legal and illegal...

the legal way: open source.. port openoffice to QB or FB and voil?!

the illegal way: **edited by Microsoft** This text was removed due law restrictions, etc. **edited by Microsoft**

Good luck!
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Z!re
Veteran

Re: HOW TO READ FILE IN .DOC?

Post by Z!re »

horusmire wrote:HOW TO READ FILES IN .DOC? THANKS
HOW TO PRESS CAPS-LOCK? THANKS
I have left this dump.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

MOST KEYBOARDS HAVE THEM ON THE LEFT SIDE, ABOUT 4 KEYS DOWN FROM THE TOP. I HOPE THAT HELPS WITH YOUR QUESTION.

btw... that would be amazing (probably not possible) if OpenOffice.org was ported to QB. Just imagine...
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

Horusmire, the above gaff amounts to this: Files with the extention .DOC are usually text documents save in the MS Word file format, which is proprietary. If you have documents that you would like to access that are saved in such a format, I suggest converting them to ASCII text, but you will lose most formating information like page layout, font, size, etc.

Also, check out wotsit.org, a huge collection of file formats which includes some versions of the MS Word format.

msdn.microsoft.com is the first place to go when looking for information about formats defined by Microsoft (but finding what you're looking for is like pulling teeth until you become familiar with the site's layout).