QB45-XP-LCD screen

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
RegH

QB45-XP-LCD screen

Post by RegH »

After several years, I've rediscovered my QB45. I want to write a couple of very simple pgms to help my wife back up some spreadsheets.
Before I can get back to re-learning QuickBasic, I have a small nagging problem- when I use Alt-Enter, the screen expands, but it's not centered!
I'm losing a couple of characters at the right edge of the screen.
Any ideas are appreciated.
kalc
Coder

Post by kalc »

I have that problem too. I don't write in QB anymore but it also happens in low-res FB fullscreens. I don't know of any solution but I only miss out on half a character. Try the settings for the program's MS-DOS console or possibly change you monitors settings.
I need a pen
The Walrus
Veteran

Post by The Walrus »

It's the LCD screen that does it. My LCD monitor has an "AUTO" button, which will align the image correctly. If your screen doesn't have such a button, try going through the on-screen menu on it.
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain walruses?
Zim
Veteran

Post by Zim »

I had a problem with printing to line 25 in Windows (in a Window). I fixed it by setting a specific font (10x25 or something) insteading of letting Windows default to "Auto" font. I wonder if that would help in this situation?
--- Zim ---
--- Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana ---
RegH

Post by RegH »

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

I'll try to approach it methodically and see what results are.
I am a little concerned that changes in the "DOS" screen may change my (acceptable) Windows screens.

Forums are the coolest part of the WWW :wink: