Graphical Utilities

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Hrothgar
Coder

Graphical Utilities

Post by Hrothgar »

I've been searching around for a utility to easily create graphics to put into bitmapped images in QB for use with PUT commands. I found pixel plus 256 and other programs like it which are great for sprites or tiles but only create images as large as 100x100 pixels and also only work in screen 13.

Any recomendations for similar programs that support larger images to use as pre-rendered backgrounds would be greatly appreciated.
Towels may be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.

Re: Graphical Utilities

Post by Guest »

Hrothgar wrote:I've been searching around for a utility to easily create graphics to put into bitmapped images in QB for use with PUT commands. I found pixel plus 256 and other programs like it which are great for sprites or tiles but only create images as large as 100x100 pixels and also only work in screen 13.

Any recomendations for similar programs that support larger images to use as pre-rendered backgrounds would be greatly appreciated.
there are some nice utilities here in the file area for this i think
go check them out...
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

For the QB bload format, you can use any editor, do a standard bmp, then use one of the qb programs that convert bmp to bload...
Here is one of them:
http://www.qb45.com/index.php?page=down ... oad&id=638

FreeBasic can bload standard bmp files so any editor is OK.